N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I saw a guy in a middle stage od 3.3$ bounty builder with a very very big patience. He was playing well, had stats of 25/21 and he lost big flip remaining with 5BB in the middle stage. Blinds where around 1200/2400. He had a big bounty and everybody, including myself, where playing a lot of pots in order to eliminate him. He folded everything until he remained with 0.5BB:). He called with AQo and won a 3 handed, then another 2 flips making more than 30BB:))) Only when I was a total beginner I was having this kind of patience.

You see this as a good thing?

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't see that as a good thing. By the time you get down to half a blind you have no room to manoeuvre at all, and basically are forced to shove with whatever garbage you are dealt. I prefer shoving earlier, around 3bb at least because this is actually profitable with any two cards. For a start there is fold equity when you have to raise it (I'll admit not much in a bounty tourney) and the pot odds are right for the hand

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially in a bounty tourney, you'll get callers when shoving a small stack.
More reason to play much less hands than normal push/fold charts indicate.
After too much bad experience in freerolls/micros, I shove about half the range indicated in the push/fold charts.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst it`s thing is an unplanned working day. And need to withstand.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the most correct tactic of poker is the tactics that will lead you to victory and it does not matter if you play aggressively or not !!!

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you right you do need a lot of patience in poker. You need to call and fold at the right time.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Follow your instinct and pay attention to the table. All this really depends on the particular situation and the ranges and tendencies of your opponents. Sometimes you should shove with a less than optimal hand and sometimes you shouldn't. A push/fold chart may indicate that you have a good hand to shove with but your gut might tell you that you'll lose the hand and to be patient and wait for a better spot. There's no perfect strategy, just the ability to balance many factors.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, waiting that long is not a successful strategy. You need to win small pots as well as big ones, most likely even more so. Playing really tight maintains your stack because you lose very little but the blinds catch up with you and as others have posted you have to shove with hands you really don't want to.

You don't want to be on either extreme, too tight or too loose.

Always remember, a stopped clock is right 2x a day. You just observed the player having things go his/her way.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually wait till 8 BB until I shove. It is difficult to win two near flips and easier to win two flips than one triple up per dollar. Patience is really important in tourneys sometime I dont give a f*ck about the tourney and I jam with 40 BB mediocre hand.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely not a good idea, They surely missed several chances, and just got super lucky this time. Nota good example to follow.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that playing tight is good, but not to the point of folding down to 0.5 bbs from 5. I would have been looking to shove much sooner. If it were not an opened pot with like 3 or 4 bbs I am probably shoving ATC.