In this situation is it better to check or c-bet?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mates, In this situation against two players, who believe it is better, check or c-bet ?.
I have a showdown hand, and it is better to check to control the pot, because there are no projects on the flop.
what would you do?
gl mates :D

Attachments

• 888.jpg
    888.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 51
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you need to bet for value here.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah c bet here. It's 888 though so someone's probably playing with k5

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course standart c-bet on flop, check-check on turn and call or small bet on river.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i would cbet and watch out for the big blind since preflop she got in for cheap and can have any 2 cards ^^

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet bet bet and only bet :D:jd4:

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I like a delayed cbet here, you definitely don't want to be betting 3 streets with this hand. Biggest problem with a cbet is KJ isn't beating almost any hand that raises or calls, and on this type of board you're almost always going to see 2 quick folds. BB could have some K8 suited type hands I guess. CO could have some 77 or 66 hands that call a cbet. The only bad card you could get checking that board is an ace, and once in a while a small pair will make their set. I think you disguise your hand strength and are more likely to get a turn and/or river call with low pairs or J 10 type hands when a 10 peels on the turn.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would C-bet for value here to control the post size and the hand. There is not a lot of improvement possible and giving a free card here in a multiway pot seems really dangerous.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I would Cbet to see where others stand.
You dont want someone there holding a 5 and surprising you.
Its much safer to value bet and bring down the pot rather than getting greedy and losing your stack.

Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice question, for me is mainly depends the table image of the opponents.
for MTT, I guess the majority will cBet.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most of the time I am cbetting here, unless I had more knowledge about the villans play.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the one who raised pre flop then go for the c bet. They may call with A high or some mid range pair and you could get some value.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone says bet but I would check. There's not too many hands that's gonna be calling here unless they have the K or 5, which is unlikely. There's also not too many turn cards that will scare you and prevent you from getting 2 streets of value still. In fact, there's more turns where the opponents will call a bet for value.

Alex1296

Alex1296

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd play through a check call. You must allow the opponent to problematise because our betting more than one street of the payment we do not receive and have a chance to hit with hands like ACE high or any pocket pairs

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how you entered the flop, if you were the aggressor, then it’s better not to check, otherwise opponents will bluff with 5 on hand, and if you’ve limp, then the opponent can have anything and I would choose a check

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-Bet for Value here. If wasnt a rebuy I would have folded pre with KJo to a 112 chip raise in middle position. But you are here. So c-bet for value and information. if you get pushed on you will be hating life.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I woud cbet since it's multi-way. Delay til turn if it was a heads up pot.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOP I am always checking because you can only get money from bluffs...I will make a judgement call as to if I am being bluffed on the timing,size and what I know about the player. There is only 7% chance for over and 5% for a set on the turn hence I check IP 70 to 80% of time in addition unless player is a bluff sheriff/ calling station in which bet bigish and make it look like a bluff. On ACR give the bet a 1 to make it end with a 1 like 601,1201, 1501 makes it look like you clicked the slider to just bet an amount.....it is a tell.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c-bet 1/2 pot in a vacuum

check if it is early in a tourney and you want to pot control, or if you know your opponents better

however, if you really want to nit up, there is an argument for not being in the hand in the first place with KJo in way oop pre

this is why, in general, there is no point in being that lag pre-flop, and not c-betting for value when you hit

L

lostlittle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello mates, In this situation against two players, who believe it is better, check or c-bet ?.
I have a showdown hand, and it is better to check to control the pot, because there are no projects on the flop.
what would you do?
gl mates :D
Cnet and check the turn

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message -4

It's dangerous to raise against two especially after there's a player who also can take card king with Queen or an ACE to improve against the two of you need if caught three full house or at least a senior kicker and a king Jack is a very dangerous bet and he raises and what to do better to wait if you want to continue it puts you call suddenly come to the king then you can push.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the better is cbet and check turn and river. If you know something about other players maybe you can do other plays.