I'm afraid of a showdown.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's fair. The more I play in tournaments, the more I think that the best hand is the hand won without opening. Very sometimes it's a shame under an autopsy see the garbage which beat your hand. Luck is not luck. Don't even want to think about it in those moments.
Therefore, in the drawing it is better to behave very aggressively. On someone else's aggression contrary not be fought. Steal and resteal blinds. That's what's really important.

What do you think about this?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you mean. If your opponent folds, you win, At showdown you might win.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not always play aggressively. There are situations when we are far ahead or far behind (for example, Hero with QQ on flop A-6-6) and the correct game will be a check-call to the river.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The better way to win is without showdown, because you know that you win and because your opponents wont see your hands so they wont know how you play with this cards.
Obviously that if you have nuts after the river is better put your opponent all in situation and he pay.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i'm not afraid, because if a bet or raise in that pot i probably had something (straight draw, ace high, flush draw), is not me style to do a pure bluff, garbage hands can win too, that's the poker

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi colleague. Firstly, always think about the good. With your negative thoughts, you are setting yourself up for a bad result. In this way, you only see the bad in the loss and you get fear from this. Do not think that the opponent has a better card, the opponent is also worried when you call his cards. This is psychology. Think about the good, believe in success and you will become more confident. Good luck!:angel::):D

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Showdowns are always tricky, especially when the board pairs. Often in showdowns, when I'm not sure of the outcome I usually check down, just to be safe.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think this is absurd. If you are very scared, it may be worth finding another hobby that is safer. I think the most important thing is to be patient and make informed decisions. Try to learn how to control your emotions.
Good luck.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you´re afraid of a showdown you shouln´t be playing poker.Playing showdowns is part of this game..

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, need to find its! You see? Find your game! Try not MTT try Spin EN Go or Sit EN Go. Or maybe Cash? Zoom? Or Jester Zoom? Try Heads up. Look for your own! It will be so much easier! If you want MTT then look for the limit. Who the plays well on $5.50 and poorly on $109, and who the contrary, on $109 is famously, and on $5.50 not can, for him a small limit and him hard sit on small beer 6 hours, and for whom the contrary, interestingly, sit on small beer 7 - 8 hours and win with $1.10, $11. Search! Look for your style, your game, your limit!

M

Maksimus71087

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are sure, your hand is the strongest, you won't be affraid of showdown. Play smart.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's fair. The more I play in tournaments, the more I think that the best hand is the hand won without opening. Very sometimes it's a shame under an autopsy see the garbage which beat your hand. Luck is not luck. Don't even want to think about it in those moments.
Therefore, in the drawing it is better to behave very aggressively. On someone else's aggression contrary not be fought. Steal and resteal blinds. That's what's really important.

What do you think about this?

I agree 100%, Playing winning poker is all about winning pots without showdown. That's one of my core teachings in the triple threat

I also discuss in my MTT guide the importance of stealing and restealing effectively while highlighting that if you can just steal the blinds more than once per orbit you can cruise your way to the final table of a tournament.

And that MTT guide just got added to my free training package!

http://gripsed.com/free-poker-training

Hopefully this will help some more people get stackin!