Is ICM very important?

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading strategy articles in the Independent Chips Model, and I was wondering if it is really a concept that is essential when playing a SNG

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICM is the name of the game in SNGs. ICM is assigning a $ value to your stack based on the prize pool and payout structure. As long as you know the basics of ICM, you should be able to beat micro turbo or hyper-turbo STTs pretty easily.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning players in MTT and SnG understand ICM like the back our hand. I am still learning ICM and push fold strat myself. A really good tool to get is ICMizer. It is great way to learn ICM and look for push fold charts.

It's invaluable to know that with MTT and SNG strat.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also still learning ICM game and push fold strat myself, and a really good tool to get is ICMizer. I think it is a great way to learn ICM and look for push fold charts.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw a freeroll at 888 called ITM simulation test. does anybody know what is about?

thank you!!
good luck at tables!

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM is the model of independent distribution allowing to learn a potential prize of all of the players who have remained in a tournament on the basis of their stacks. ICM is incredibly important tool and soon you are convinced of it.