I would like your opinion on this hand

Miester646

Miester646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First let me start off by saying welcome to cardschat. I'm a new member myself. As for the hand, i'm not sure that i would have called when he went all-in. You must have known that he had a strong hand to push all-in but you had him covered and called anyway. Luckily you caught the 9 on the turn and avoided a club on the river. I didn't mind the pre-flop raise because even though it was in a bad position, it was during the later stages of the tournament. But I still think you could have gotten away from the hand when he pushed all-in since you didn't have much invested. Just be careful in the future in similar situations. Most of the time it will go the other way and you could lose all your chips. Just my opinion though. Hope that helps and good luck in the future.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have an M of 10.5, I don't like the raise here with a non-broadway Ace. You can't flop a ST8 and are only hoping for T2P or a flush. I am either open shoving or folding depending on how I read the table (shove if their tight, fold if not) .

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the pattern A9 from the first position,even if suited, and the next call after ollina opponent.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, no words to say just got lucky...

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got a lot lucky there, A9s is not a safe hand, playing in UTG its terrible, he did right I would push all in too with this raise.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lady Luck was on Your side this time.
What was Your result on this tournament?

D

dmitrysido23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your answers guys. I was also thinking that i made a bad call. And Mauno i busted out 62nd AQs vs TT i had to shove pf with 12bb

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most in that A9 suited is not strong enough, especially when opponent shoves. You got lucky, but that's poker. Your opponent is probably telling the same story in the Bad Beats section.
Good luck.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on a winning hand but the truth is that you should not be even involved in this hand in first place. UTG1 is a good position to easy fold that hand

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it wasn't necessary to bet it. Anyway congrats but A9suited isn't perfect hand to raise UTG :p

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like raising UTG with 22BB with A9 suited and when your opponent shoves you are very rarely ahead, sometimes it could be a flip but most of the time you are going to be dominated.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lucky in this hand of cards! If 100 times to play this game, then budev victory is not on your side! But poker is not only in mathematics, if felt victory, then go ahead !!!!

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It was not a legal move because he gave all in on his raise, so he was fold for sure.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually don't mind the UTG raise here. It's late in the tourney and a steal or flat calls will happen enough to make it worthwhile. On the other hand, I would only make this play with the intention of folding to a reraise. Your representing a big hand with an UTG raise, so anyone reraising you is coming in with the goods. I'd probably fold this had in the first place unless the table is right and I have an image that elicits thin calls. I hope this helps buddy, keep learning!

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the pattern A9 from the first position,even if suited, and the next call after ollina opponent.

Think this is the correct advice. You are only going to get called by a better hand in all cases and are in a tough spot if an ace hits the board with an average kicker. I would just limp with the hand and either hope for the 2 pair or a few hearts to put you in position to take down the pot. I don't like the call of an all in for nearly half your chips knowing he isn't pushing with a weak hand and you are at best in a coin flip if he has 6s-7s-8s.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad call, but you were lucky, A9s at UTG is not strong enough to play after reraise

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this hand you're in luck! With these hole cards on UTG after a raise you need to fold. This is my opinion.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this is bad call, cos you are in early position and raise with A9s. this starting hand not strong enough to make a raise in early position. but this is poker anything can happend. but in the long run its not good idea.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend, I think you were very risky since you only had a project in color and high card, your opponent had very good hand and you took the boat with some luck because your opponent is missing a single card to achieve a Good color is what I believe.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if you're in the money or not. If you're on the bubble then I wouldn't have raised. I limp here and see if I get the flop for cheap. If I'm in the money then I will raise this hand. The raise might have been a little light. You basically made a pot size raise. Another 3500 on top of your raise may have been slightly better.
The villain only has about ten big blinds so after we see his hand we know that he is going to shove anyway. Your luck...umm I mean your variance did hold so you got to collect his chips which is the name of the game. If you can't take a chance then you won't make it in this game.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bad number !!!!! position early !!! study the table of starting hands, you just got lucky !!!! and go Allin lo flop with this hand is not a very good decision

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you got lucky and thas good =) congrats.
on a more serious note... why would you raise that UTG? You have ~23bb you are not pressured... and what happens if you get 4beted/shoved (like it did) you are putting all you tourney life hopping you opp shovess A8- or no pair ad what if you get 2-3 callers how strong would you A be in that sittuation. You have у decent stack !but! even if a short stack (like your opp) wins you are cut in half with a hand that you know you should not play =)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I wouldn't raise that preflop just a call cause 9 is weak kicker, you had big stack and was no need to take that risk lose half of your chips...was easy fold to his all -in you got lucky there you hitted 9 but your opponent had better cards

Last edited:
cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the consensus in that you should have folded from the start. I don't think your raise was all that bad but we didn't see how the table had been playing prior to that hand. If a min raise was taking down the blinds then the bet makes sense but if the table was playing back at ya then it was a bad move from the start. The 3 bet call was just bad and you got lucky, you risked half your stack with a hand that you had to know you were behind with. Welcome to CC and good luck on the felts!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands