I take risks when ahead in tournaments

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing the pokerstars School league level initiation and was in 3 place with 60k chips and the BB was 800. So I get so trustworthy that I pay up to 45k chips looking for a flush that never came. That's not the first time it happens to me - how can I improve my patience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker there are no limits for perfection, you will always find what else you need to learn.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. I can recommend reading books on psychology including 2 volumes of Tendler.
Learn the theoretical base, disassemble distributions and will often be on the final table.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing the PokerStars School league level initiation and was in 3 place with 60k chips and the BB was 800. So I get so trustworthy that I pay up to 45k chips looking for a flush that never came. That's not the first time it happens to me - how can I improve my patience?
P
Isn't it funny how often you don't hit your drawing hands but get beat by them all the time. You have to have control of the pot. If your chasing usually your in trouble. You have all them chips let it go. Unless you put the pressure on with a Simi bluff going to hit is still crazy putting 3/4 of your chips. On a draw. Around thirty percent to hit. Let's play poker:ciao:

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most important skills of a great poker player is mental strength. That's the skill that allows you to make correct decisions throughout a long period of time. It's a personality thing, so read some books on emotional intelligence or practice patience in your daily life to incorporate it into your game. Although, if what you seek from poker is just fun and occasional thrills then keep playing your game. A winning poker player needs to be resilient at every step.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is an exciting game with much intensity. Try to be as calm as you can. In order to have patience, do a very simple thing, learn from your mistakes! Think and study. It is a logic action after the mistakes.
:)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks to all for your tips, i guess it was the exiting off a knew player,now im training my patience, i manage to get in the money in 5 off 11 pokerstars school initiation league,im watching videos and make the pokerstars school train,still have a lot to learn,but i think that with time ill manage to decide better when do i call and when do i fold,even in the river,thanks pets for the tips once again

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spending 75% of your only stack on a mediocre draw like a 37% is a big mistake. Even monster draws not not worth that much unless you feel your getting paid.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had never big Problems with laying down cards. Im actually enjoying a good fold a lot. Just start to celebrate a good fold the same way you do celebrate the winning of a pot.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to reach the final table then you should not take risks, to look for a flush or straight just forgetting about math is a mistake.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even with your stack up its never good to chase:0) but calling some good suited cards is and hope to hit on the flop:0) patients is a hard feeling to control:0) maybe find something else to do when your that close its better then doing something stupid and lose a good chunk of change:0) good luck out there keep grinding