_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I think I just played my worst game of poker ever tonight.

First hand I get Jacks in mid position, and I raised pre and got 2 callers, flops came up with Queen high with a flush draw, and the BB donk bets me 600 chips and I call and this guy who tends to play really loose and sticky calls.
Turn gives me a set, and I bet a little more than half the pot, and get re raised by the loose guy and I just call and the BB folds.
Turn completes the flush and I check get raised half the pot and call. Of course he has a king rag hearts hand and takes it down. I think that I knew that he might have a flush but I still called him, I tanked for a while but still called.
Then later on I get pocket 8s from an early position and I am heads up with this loose gut and I bet 3bbs pre and he calls me, then the flop comes up J 5 J and I c-b half the pot and he shoves me. I folded and he showed deuces.
Should I be raising more than I am? I am not quite sure but I think I was just playing scared, I let this guy psych me out.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You could try, but with players like that patience is usually the way to go. They will shove into someone's nuts sooner than later.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The JJ situation is just a raw deal - getting set vs flush.
You already labelled him as a loose sticky player so there no way
to fold a set to this guy. with a 3 card flush board. This simply just happens sometimes.

The 88 situation is different i my perspective, i would snap call his shove any day.
You gotte do some reverse thinking there, would he shove a J and psuh you out of
the pot and not get value from hitting trips? I know it sometimes happens a fish play it like that
but more than often they have a 5x - Ax or any pair.

How to play JJ

Newmember_5

Newmember_5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If theres a flush possible and i have AA i would fold on a high raise, cause no matter which pair i have, i would lose. At begin before flop i see it as okay to raise with AA but finally i can lose even with AAA against a flush for sure.:( Its sad truth sometimes but to play careful is profitable and pro like. Be patient dont risk too often and u will win. So if u have AA and theres 4 of same cross cross cross cross(or even 3), then dont call a high raise and fold ur best pair ever. Better to fold aces, than to lose the tournament.:icon_comp;)

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If theres a flush possible and i have AA i would fold on a high raise, cause no matter which pair i have, i would lose. At begin before flop i see it as okay to raise with AA but finally i can lose even with AAA against a flush for sure.:( Its sad truth sometimes but to play careful is profitable and pro like. Be patient dont risk too often and u will win. So if u have AA and theres 4 of same cross cross cross cross(or even 3), then dont call a high raise and fold ur best pair ever. Better to fold aces, than to lose the tournament.:icon_comp;)

wasn't a particularly high raise, only about half the pot, if it were a pot sized raise, i would have been out of it.

S

suener

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should play poker, as if any bad decision hands before did not happen. Every hand is a new situation. Forget bay beats, forget not hitting draws 5 times in a row. The next game you need to play as it would be the first hand in the evening.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not saying there's anything like 'luck' involved in poker, or even that flushes are the most chased after hand by beginners.

Just played a tournament where every lower pair beat out one or more higher pairs. One guy couldn't lose no matter what he did - made a straight flush and quads within a few hands of each other.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just write it off to run bad if you run into a flush over your set.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the JJ hand there wasn't much you could do, but the 88 one was a sure call. He (being sticky) wasn't going to shove a J at you, so he was going to have Ax, 5x and low pairs most of the time.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you should play poker, as if any bad decision hands before did not happen. Every hand is a new situation. Forget bay beats, forget not hitting draws 5 times in a row. The next game you need to play as it would be the first hand in the evening.

Yes, this is what i really needed to hear, thanks

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was possible to escape from the flush if you thought a little more, but there is no nonsense to pay

B

baltini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament Big 11 on poker stars I distributed AA in middle position dude from early position raises preflop I called preflop, on the flop A 7 K offsuit without waiting for the turn, he goes all-inn I certainly made the call and the turn comes 4 and the river 5 and to my wild disappointment, he opened 3 2 he came straight. I have one question why the asshole comes so well with the card?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I think you played scared very conservative, both games you played as fearfully, the best thing you can do is stop playing with that doubt and play more arriegado I think that when you have the winning hand you have to make him pay to see if he can complete your hand I'll try to win and you let it out cheap play more risky when you have pocket pairs luck and greetings:driver:

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I think I just played my worst game of poker ever tonight.

First hand I get Jacks in mid position, and I raised pre and got 2 callers, flops came up with Queen high with a flush draw, and the BB donk bets me 600 chips and I call and this guy who tends to play really loose and sticky calls.
Turn gives me a set, and I bet a little more than half the pot, and get re raised by the loose guy and I just call and the BB folds.
Turn completes the flush and I check get raised half the pot and call. Of course he has a king rag hearts hand and takes it down. I think that I knew that he might have a flush but I still called him, I tanked for a while but still called.
Then later on I get pocket 8s from an early position and I am heads up with this loose gut and I bet 3bbs pre and he calls me, then the flop comes up J 5 J and I c-b half the pot and he shoves me. I folded and he showed deuces.
Should I be raising more than I am? I am not quite sure but I think I was just playing scared, I let this guy psych me out.

The first hand sucks - but sometimes you have to fold sets when the flush comes in - especially to a river check-raise. Most people aren't bluffing in the this situation. I know it sucks but this is what will make you a great player - learning to fold good but second best hands. I woul'd have called in the second example - most of the time people won't play a full house or a Jack like this - he could have two overs or even a 5.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in poker there are three types of bets 1 - this is bluff 2, this is a bet to increase your bank, 3 is a control rate to understand where you are in relation to your opponent !!! Your goal in poker is to use all these bets correctly and understand which of the three bets does your opponent !!! You must learn how to correctly determine the actions of your opponent, but you always will not be able to do it correctly, so all the players have errors in poker the most important thing is that these errors are not systematic, that is, very frequent !!! This is my game with JJ: https://www.boomplayer.com/25219980_5640E4EE85

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is poker, and it didn’t even move you, you got yourself off, nothing special, play it aggressive, play 4 bet then the backdoor flush will be less

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker there are three types of bets 1 - this is bluff 2, this is a bet to increase your bank, 3 is a control rate to understand where you are in relation to your opponent !!! Your goal in poker is to use all these bets correctly and understand which of the three bets does your opponent !!! You must learn how to correctly determine the actions of your opponent, but you always will not be able to do it correctly, so all the players have errors in poker the most important thing is that these errors are not systematic, that is, very frequent !!! This is my game with JJ: https://www.boomplayer.com/25219980_5640E4EE85

Well played - love the way you get information with flop reraise :icon_boun

Theres (almost) no way he would do this with 99, AT or AK (unless AKc) :D

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Very good advice in my opinion, also try playing some PLO to get a feeling how weak 1 pair is .. :)

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament Big 11 on Poker Stars I distributed AA in middle position dude from early position raises preflop I called preflop, on the flop A 7 K offsuit without waiting for the turn, he goes all-inn I certainly made the call and the turn comes 4 and the river 5 and to my wild disappointment, he opened 3 2 he came straight. I have one question why the asshole comes so well with the card?

that's rotten luck, my wife already says conspiracy theory lol, crazy hand , i really wonder the way around this as sometimes a strong 3bet or 4bet still doesn't get villan off the hand ? Ideas anyone ?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Can you describe that 3rd bet "type" a bit more? It sound a lot like an information bet?

As for the original thread, the first hand is kinda unlucky, but personally I would play a bit differently, first of all your call on the flop is a bit loose, if you had a read on your opponent (him not having a Q), then your call might be ok.
On the turn you bet, villain raises, why don't you just re-raise? You hit you 2 outter, get it in, if villain was prepared to raise you, he is likely prepared to call a shove on the turn, and it is probably the way to get max value. River was unlucky, but a call there was fine considering the way hand was played.

The second hand is fine IMO. In these spots you will be against bluffs, or pocket pairs. That being said those pairs can be either higher or lower so it is a close decision whether to call or fold. This particular moment it is better to call since villain showed 22, however, he could have had 99 just as much and you would lose.

In any case, dont lose your spirit. Focus on the game, think about hands that u had troubke with, share them here, on CC and see what other have to say. Best of luck!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can you describe that 3rd bet "type" a bit more? It sound a lot like an information bet?

As for the original thread, the first hand is kinda unlucky, but personally I would play a bit differently, first of all your call on the flop is a bit loose, if you had a read on your opponent (him not having a Q), then your call might be ok.
On the turn you bet, villain raises, why don't you just re-raise? You hit you 2 outter, get it in, if villain was prepared to raise you, he is likely prepared to call a shove on the turn, and it is probably the way to get max value. River was unlucky, but a call there was fine considering the way hand was played.

The second hand is fine IMO. In these spots you will be against bluffs, or pocket pairs. That being said those pairs can be either higher or lower so it is a close decision whether to call or fold. This particular moment it is better to call since villain showed 22, however, he could have had 99 just as much and you would lose.

In any case, dont lose your spirit. Focus on the game, think about hands that u had troubke with, share them here, on CC and see what other have to say. Best of luck!

The third type of bet is the bet - for information !!!! as for my distribution, I think that it is wrong (with a pair of JJ ) to increase the rate after a threefold increase and reraise !!! I discussed this hand with a poker coach (Dancer King), he is a poker coach of pokerstarsschool.ru and he said that I played correctly !!! PS: I checked the statistics of the player who did all-in before this hand and it was a very good player.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you played scared but its easy to get away from playing profitable poker when you take a big beat. Next time don't fold

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we play this game, it is all about risk and reward. Maximizing your wins and minimizing your loses. That being said, hitting trips on a board with a possible flush against a loose player I normally just check and if he wants to bet than fine I will call. By checking and just calling I saved money as a generality in this actual scenario. Than again, playing against a loose player, they may shove all in. I'm still going to call. In that scenario I would have lost more chips. Besides the number of hands that can be made there are an infinite number of variables that can take place in this complex game. It can be very frustrating. That being said, trips being made, loose player, possible flush, checking not betting in or out of position I am going to come out ahead more times than not. Guaranteed. So don't beat yourself up because you didn't make the correct call this time. If you could make the correct call every time than you would be a world champion poker player. Than again no one would play against you either. The ultimate catch 22. Good luck!!!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against an aggressive player. If fold down is the most difficult decision, it is often the best solution, you must know the odds and probabilities to know exactly when to throw the cards and when to pay the bets of your opponents or raise properly.
Do not pay an over-excited player who raises all the time. While waiting for an opportunity to beat him where the probabilities will be 80% in your favor, it will eventually happen. think also about the stage of the tournament and the number of chips already in the pot. If you have followed all these indications and you still lose the pot.alors you have nothing to blame you. it's poker you can go all-in preflop with AA and lose anyway.