Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise larger on flop.

You raised only 540 into an effective pot size of 1680 on a very wet texture.

You should raise to at least 1100, but id prefer 1300-1500.

Happily getting this in.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise larger on flop.

You raised only 540 into an effective pot size of 1680 on a very wet texture.

You should raise to at least 1100, but id prefer 1300-1500.

Happily getting this in.

Thanks!

P

pato1717

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, i think that you have to be less agressive whit hands like AJ...

Preflop: you play OK.

Flop: you have Top pair... it´s enough to such agressive move like re raise all in?

What hand could have your opponent? Think... Two pairs, open ended+flush draw, three of a kind, pocket over pair? ... There are many hands like those... why to hurry to go all in in the flop, knowing that your rival will never fold?

He had aweful cards..... but this is poker, the most incredible things could happen

PS: sorry for my bad english

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, i think that you have to be less agressive whit hands like AJ...

Preflop: you play OK.

Flop: you have Top pair... it´s enough to such agressive move like re raise all in?

What hand could have your opponent? Think... Two pairs, open ended+flush draw, three of a kind, pocket over pair? ... There are many hands like those... why to hurry to go all in in the flop, knowing that your rival will never fold?

He had aweful cards..... but this is poker, the most incredible things could happen

PS: sorry for my bad english
I had information on the opponent, he played the whole tournament hyper aggressively, that's why he played it. Would you throw AJ out of this game? Thanks for the answer!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me you played the right way but just got unlucky. It's a tough flop to risk all your chips with because there were two straight draws and a flush draw out there on the flop.

Next time maybe play it opposite maybe. And play tight untill you see the river where you can make a better judgement. I don't blame you way for the way yoy played though, because you had top top.

Only two ways to play this hand really is to raise enough preflop to get that K4 suited to fold preflop. I am pretty sure you did raise preflop, but I'm not sure if it was enough to get the hand out preflop. Or, waiting till the river to make a decent size bet giving you the knowledge of where you are at with the hand.

Overall it was a decent play. It is just unfortunate that a loose call was made preflop. Next time you will know to raise more preflop.

Good luck...🤠[emoji812]️[emoji815]️[emoji814]️[emoji813]️

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played well, it would not do any differently.

P

pato1717

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had information on the opponent, he played the whole tournament hyper aggressively, that's why he played it. Would you throw AJ out of this game? Thanks for the answer!

The players information us to be useful. It always make us to adapt our strategy. Bye, have luck!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Some players have different styles and others are "Experts", at given alternative advice, after the hand is completed. You need to approach it from the moment you were playing; with No idea of the Cards on the opponents

In my modest opinion, You play rigth. I will have done the same. He just got lucky this time. :hello:

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

poker i make all the mistakes .havefunAA:D

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played this perfectly. Donk bets almost always indicate weakness. On wet boards you might sometimes be looking at a stronger hand like 2 pair or even a set that just wants to end the hand now but more often than not it's a draw. And it was.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you played the hand ok, although i guess it's the bottom of your stack-off range

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have raised more pre flop to like 450 ,on the flop i would have 3 bet to like 1500 but the way this maniac was playing he was never going to fold on that flop nor the turn ,so just kinda got unlucky got it in good with a bad result it happens good luck next time pal

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good game! Considering the structure of the board, we play against hand-crushing in 70% of cases! and at the same time we do not risk flying out of the tournament if the opponent arrives, we will still have a chance to play in the tournament!

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is possible to preflop a flight considering the depth of the stack it was worth doing 3x that K4 with MR would not call!

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His bet was 300 or value with pocket 66, 99, flush draw. You should have put 1.2k to make the card pay-per-view fee expensive. if he calls, it's a monster, or he's a stupid drawer. In any case, you had to fold.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's fine. Preflop bet 2.2 BB good, maybe 3 BB, but it does not change anything. The flop re-raise is also good, push all-in as well. Unfortunately, River was not lucky.
There was no such thing, but I would have done this as well.;)

C

cpace1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played pre-flop fine. In the book I am reading called "Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem" by Jonathan Little, he says that when the action folds or is limped around to you that you should do the following:

If there's no limpers (anyone calling big blind of 1bb): Make it three times the last bet and do this:

Ex: 3x 1(big blind) +.5 (small blind) = 3.5 bb RAISE PREFLOP

If theres one limper:

Ex: 3 x 1(limper) + 1(big blind) + 0.5(small blind) = 4.5 bb RAISE PREFLOP

If out of position, add 0.5bb
If in position subtract 0.5bb because you are okay with getting called in position.

So in your case, there were no limpers, and it folded around to you, so if you look back to the first example, you had no limpers so make it 3.5bb raise, but since out of position make it 4bb (add on another 0.5bb).

An interesting article I read had to do with looking at the hands you beat and the hands you do not beat. Basically if you beat more hands than you lose to, you are ahead. Look into combinatorics for this: http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/mathematics/hand-combinations/

It sucks that his crappy hand called you preflop and won by the river. If you raised more pre- this may have not happened.

Good luck buddy :) Hope this helps!

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you play very well your raise doesnt matter his whatever push all in or call in

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you just call. I wouldn't be overly worried about the guy behind you. The donk bet is usually about controlling the pot. By raising you give your opponent a chance to push all in and make you call with a slight advantage. a draw with an over is a 45% chance to win. If you can recognize that you are either ahead because you have the player dominated or he's on a draw. You can call and then push him off on the turn. He may double donk bet to try to control the turn and see a cheap river. Let him then pounce and take the pot down with far less risk.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of great answers. I found this was one of my leaks. finding the right amount to bet or fold. thanks for all the feedback, as it helps my own game. usually ill bet to see what everyone is will to pay to see the turn..every table is different.

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think on this hand i play the same as you, you play good, but your opponent just had a little bit more luck

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that guy who called the pre-flop raise was a dolt and even more so when he re-raised after the flop to go all in on a hand like that. I might have folded though going all-in after the flop. I would have thought the villain had trips.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of the players here. First you have to open raise 4x to 5 x because those players had a lot of chips.
Your reraise had to be stronger and not only double his bet.
If the turn was a blank you have to continue betting strong to avoid that villain pays with his draws.