I love poker

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody,
I've just finished freeroll on 52th (45th is price place). What's hand was catastrophic for me in this tournament ?? JJ and QJ.

Regarding QJ it is my fault because I'm just stupid.

Regarding JJ ... it was interesting, I predicted opponent's hands and lost my stack))
But I was right :)

I was on the table where players had stack ~6k-16k sizes. I had ~12k.
Blinds are 100/200. I'm on preflop in the middle position with JJ and make bet in 500,
CO raises to 1000 and Button reraises to 2000. I immediately understood that one of them might have the QQ KK or AA. The first thought was a fold that would be the right decision... BUT I was thinking and meanwhile, I thought up that they might have pair under JJ or AK AQ AJ. And I decided to try to see the flop and IF it has the low cards THEN I'll make an all-in and will try to take a big bank IF flop has at least one upper then J card THEN just check/fold.

We made calls 2000 on preflop, then flop with cards under 10, me all-in, other players all-in, all-in, showdown, JJ QQ AA, I lost my stack ))

But first my thought was right :rolleyes: but further reasoning was total bullshit, are you agree? ))
And I think it was a good experience ))

I'm very thankful for the Cardchat for its good freerolls and friendly community.
In further games, I will be more careful with hands like JQ-.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, hand replayers are very useful for posts like this. It helps readers to understand the situation you were in. There are also some players who won't bother reading through the hand unless it is published in hand history forum format, or as a replayer link. Just a friendly bit of advice. Just looking at the hand ... with JJ facing two opponents in this situation, it may have been better to just move all-in instead of cold-calling in a 3bet pot. With Jacks it's highly likely that overcards will hit the flop and you are facing multiple opponents which reduces the equity of your hand even further. The SPR is also going to be difficult here given the preflop action, so calling to set-mine your Jacks is a bit thin. In this situation I think your choices are 4Bet or fold, but I'd like to hear more opinions from others.

R

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a min 3bet and a min 4bet, I think it is time to fold JJ. Min 4bet screams AA. It is possible that this was villian's standard re-raise size, but if it's not, you should fold JJ here immediately.

C

cracked aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the biggest mistakes made at a poker table is knowing what villain has and still calling when where beat we all make this mistake JJ is a very hard hand to play even with under cards on flop.

Last edited:
C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. "I had ~12k. Blinds are 100/200" - you have 60bb there is no need to over play prais that deep against ops that play face-up poker.
2. " pair under JJ or AK AQ " - true. unluckly becasue most players dont go crazy with these hands PRF, thouse go do are ussualy very agro, BUT!, even if so youa re playiung high vareinece that really is not requied 60bbs deep.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always listen to my inner voice. I try not to be greedy and throw out a good hand. Even if it is a high premium card.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for replies guys, I think poker is such game where we must learn by our mistakes and become stronger and stronger. At the similar situations, it will be easier to make fold for me and continue play at the ttournament.In the episode with QJ I called the all-in of my opponent when realised that he might have two upper cards but wasn't totally sure. So he had AK and I had lost the 1/3 of my stack before the break.

And after the tournament I emmidietelly turned on the hand history.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like losing my love for poker. Perhaps this is a temporary failure.
probably the reason - for the lack of winnings and frequent injustice

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like losing my love for poker. Perhaps this is a temporary failure.
probably the reason - for the lack of winnings and frequent injustice
I am in same spot right now, to many bad beats for me sometimes just cant take it anymore

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!live and learn!age play-age fight!age bluff-age fight!to map your mind with a treat!the eternal rule of poker!good luck!