Hyper-Turbo Strategy

H

Hoang368

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone interested in hyper tournaments? Ranges opening is much larger and players are overly aggresive as normal cost the stats so high so I want some advice about ranges.:D

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play hyper turbo aggressive in position after 3 level, a good strategy to train the Hyper Turbo is to play spin n go and spin go max ai you increase your chances of getting on well in this kind of play

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper-turbo Tournament Strategies

In hyper-turbo tournaments I do several things differently.

1. Open my range way up from any position. Hands as low as 9To are playable. The reason being is that with the blinds as fast as they are, you can't afford to sit around and wait for premium hands. You have to play mediocrity and hope to get lucky.Once I have a healthy stack, then I start playing tight-er.
  2. Don't raise the mediocre hands and don't be afraid to fold mediocre hands to re-raises. Just let the chips go and wait for a better spot.
  3. Limp a lot (heh, Sir Limpsalot would be a great tag), you need to see a lot of cheap flops.
  4. When you do have a good hand (not necessarily great) do be aggressive.
  5. Don't bluff. People are desperately looking for chips and will call with marginal holdings.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a new player, I do not recommend you the hyper turbo tournaments, I think the hyper turbo tournaments are for more experienced players.
If you want to play hyperturbo tournaments you have to have a good bank, to support the variance.
In those types of tournaments, your range of hands should be much wider.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't play a lot of hyper turbos because it becomes a lot of luck, you are forced to play hands you normally wouldn't. On the times that I do, I simply shove or fold until I bust or have a really big stack. I just wait for my hand and shove. Even when you do get a good stack, the blinds move so quick that if you are not active your stack will dwindle down quickly.

Not the best example of poker.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5d65990cf5a9.png

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend not playing tournaments hyper because the people coming there playing like crazy and do not recommend it. I think you should try for example the hyper 0.02 cent because the theme is the same and once you gain then yes, go hard.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I like to start out early with a very tight range. Almost to the point my 3-bet range in actually my open range, and I'm always shoving. Now if I'm in late or the Blinds, and I am facing a thin open. say 2.5x to 3x. I will call with my typical call open range....

with that said, If I hit I'm shoving on the flop. now after about the 3rd level that's when I switch gears, typically I will have about double my starting stack at this point, and can widen my open range, push people off hands, or call low stacks....

if I'm low stacked, its basic Push/fold range at that point.

Zyuks

Zyuks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the better way is call anything and raise 2 or 2,5 at first 5-10min

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion it is more like bingo than poker. Last month i played 50 hyper turbo tournaments with a buy in from 0,02$ at pokerstars. Only one time i finished in the money at place 11.

It is hard, becouse if you play a hand you are most all in, becouse the blinds increase very fast. And often more than 3 players are in one hand and all in. You get a lot of suck outs in this kind of tournaments.

For playing poker it is better to play turbo or normally tournaments.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what strategy is in hyper turbo? push fold on the range of nesha and a lot of luck)))

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play the hyper turbo you need to have a good knowledge of the push-fold game and have a lot of luck:p

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper -turbo tourney are very difficult to play but when I play generally I play most of the times in position and very agreessive after the big blind is high .

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20bb

Hey. All of the above applies only to HU SNG games. When you play against a good opponent, you should use one of these strategies:

• "Heads-Up Push/Fold Nash Equilibrium" If you feel that it is very difficult to play with an opponent, then you can just use this chart with a stack less than 20bb. On the site "holdemresources" places 2 charts (with ante and without ante).
  • "SAGE (Sit And Go Endgame System)" This table is universal.
  • "Sklansky-Chubukov numbers" This table in a heads-up game should be used even against weak players. With a stack of about 10bb. All of the above concerns the push-fold game.
  • "Stop'n'go". It's that when you're on the "Big Blind", then you do not do a 3bet an all-in, and you call and going an all-in on any flop. This is done because you have a short stack and your opponent will definitely respond to your a 3-bet an all-in. But when you stop, you have a lot of fold equity, and preflop with a very short stack you do not have any advantage at all.
  • You can also use an expelled a 3bet an all-in with stacks of 20bb when playing one-on-one. For this, I calculated the necessary ranges of BB and SB for a raise and a 3bet an all-in. In more detail, I can write about this chart if you want, since I wrote the article in Russian. In short - If an opponent make a mini-raise about 3/4 of a hands, then you make a 3-bet all-in with 50% of a hands. It's not works versus limp (go an all-in on a basis style a opponent). My chart below. If you notice an error in the calculations, then write to me. Against a donks you know well, never play a coin-flip on a preflop. Play tight, try to make limps, mini-raises and all-in only with good hands.
P.S If you play with several opponents (MTT/SNG), then be sure to read about such a thing as the "number M" of Dan Harrington. This applies not to the mathematical component, but for the strategy of the game it is very important.

Attachments

• a 3bet an all-in 20bb nash.jpg
    a 3bet an all-in 20bb nash.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 133
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am hopeless at these games, it is because I am awful at flipping :)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks Aggr!

that was probably some of the most useful info I've seen on here. I actually took some notes!

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play turbos, I like to play a wider range of cards at the beginning. Then I narrow my range as the blinds get higher. Then I narrow my range even further unless I have table chip lead. Then I will play pocket 8s or better and aq and ak. Most of the time the play is shove or fold at later stage of a turbo game so you can't play everything unless of course you have the chip lead. Even then you still want to be somewhat selective. Low suited connectors are not out of the question.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like such tournaments. They play a big role in luck ....

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning hyper turbos requires a strong understanding of hand ranges most of the strategy consists of shove/fold. Knowing when to steal big blinds is a crucial aspect of hyper turbos.

Limping/calling is much less acceptable in this format, especially in the ones where u start with 500 chips or so.

J

Joey199250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like them. For me it feels like a lottery lots of crazy people go all-in with hands i don't even limp in. Maybe at higher buy-in people get more realistic. I only played with micro buy-ins.

M

Mater_AA_KK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea but just wait for the cards and think good about your desissions

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like these games.And mostly I lose them.I can't play aggressive.So I only play when in the first position.Only the lucky ones win here.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the strategy and somples and only check your blinds and when you have in position to play with hands (AA KK QQ JJ TT AK AQ AJ AT KQ KJ KT) with these hands you always have to be aggressive to steal or eliminate those donkey players!

olegbereza

olegbereza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I think that tournaments with a hyper-turbo structure are not exactly poker anymore, since there are practically no post-flop games there and practically everything is decided in all-ins. In hyper-turbo tournaments, luck is essential, and poker is the ability to play hands, and not to trust everything with simple luck.