Hyper-turbo

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Please advise how to play hyper-turbo tournaments? Just wait for a strong hand, or play for all the chips and a very wide range?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not advise playing hyper-turbo tournaments. The blinds go up way too fast to really play any strategy after the 1st few levels since it will become a all in of fold game. This is a game you want to grow your stack constantly. You wont have the time to honestly wait for a good hand that may never come. After the 1st 2-3 levels i would open up my range a lot more than usual as we need to make hands. I'm not saying play 30% or more of hands but open up your normal range a tiny bit. I would also play my top pairs a lot faster in these games.

I wish you the best of luck on these games but again would suggest you should avoid them. If you do find a good way of playing this successfully I would love to hear about it.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open a wide range of hands, but without fanaticism...

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with a loose range and give smaller raises (after all, you'll raise raises quite often).

-25bb can already start open-push and know how to use very well positions like avoid giving too many all-in EP and focus more on all-in LP attacking the blinds.

Prefer to be the aggressor (go all-in) than pay all-in of other players.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quicky becomes a bingo game. You'll need LUCK in the first 20-30 minutes to start playing poker.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play hyper turbo if it’s a freeroll. It’s too luck based to invest money playing. If you don’t get good cards early, you have to start shoving with lousy hands.

If you must, then pray for good cards. Only way to succeed.

Best of luck.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early game i play only good hands and as you go along it'll be any 2 overs suited connectors any A suited or not but the most important thing is check out your opponents range and look for 1 on 1 allin!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for all the chips. Go for the win, take aggressive chances. You need to be lucky to win those.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll only until you are very confident or rich.

Hello! Please advise how to play hyper-turbo tournaments? Just wait for a strong hand, or play for all the chips and a very wide range?

If you have limited time this can be a good option, not necessarily for teaching you good poker but can be a lot of fun if you are playing freerolls or have cash to burn.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In hyper-turbo tournaments, much depends on luck. I think that in this format of the game the most suitable strategy is loose-aggressive. Here it is necessary to try to avoid difficult situations with marginal hands and enter the bank only with the intention to put the entire stack.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If poker is a game of skill, hyper turbo tournaments is a game of luck. If you feel lucky - go for your chances.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is a game of skill, hyper turbo tournaments is a game of luck. If you feel lucky - go for your chances.

Tbh I disagree, hyper-turbo tournaments are a good way to practice as well. For example when it comes to shoving ranges. Indeed it's short stacked, but that does not mean it's only luck based. Knowing your ranges provides a nice edge.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For those who are starting it is not a good idea to play this type of tournament!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Tbh I disagree, hyper-turbo tournaments are a good way to practice as well. For example when it comes to shoving ranges. Indeed it's short stacked, but that does not mean it's only luck based. Knowing your ranges provides a nice edge.
Well if you are willing to invest that much time so you'll get a proper distance in order to beat this high variance that is inescapable in hypers, then good luck to you. Not to mention it requires a big BR.
You can practice push-fold in any SNG.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The one and only strategy I use is go all-in at minimal pairs and ace high cards.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Hyper-Turbo tournament is faster and we have less chips, so slow, tight play is not good here. There is no time to wait for the strong hands, because there is no chance of staying in the game. These tournaments have to play with loose hands, many beginners list can be found, which is tremendous help.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In a hyper turbo tournament it is very difficult to expect a strong hand, of course if I think it can be done, but you play against the clock, more than in a turbo, maybe play more aggressive than usual, from time to time if you wait for a hand strong but at the beginning of the tournament, and then the need to make chips can play against you

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are trying to learn poker I sujest you to play deepstacks tournaments

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even play those type of tournaments hyper-turbos is all about luck.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I only play Hyper turbo tourneys if I am in a rush and don't mind high variance. Basically with the rapid blinds you will constantly be in a position that you need to shove and double. so build a stack quickly, and once the blinds jump up and everyone is trying to protect their little stacks you can pick them off and actually get a lot of fold equity when you have the stack. Good luck

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally dont play this type of tournament juss because it goes to fast to even stay with a strategy and alot of people juss go all in when ever a hand looks like it has potential but when I did try it it was best to juss play super aggressive a played off hands that I would normally fold juss because the blinds go up so fast its juss like your betting anyway

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is difficult to give advice for this type of tournament, basically you can not expect a strong hand as you would in a slower tournament, for the time of the blind you should try to get chips fast, I think this is where the ingenuity of Every player

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to advise for hyper turbo,expiriencein poker and wide range of raising and shoving,thats it...