billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello everyone and I hope all is well on your patch of earth.
I was wondering about when people were playing tournaments online and the different tournament speeds. Hyper vs turbo games.
I am very new to online poker and I am guessing that I should be playing more aggressively during hyper games?
Am I right? Although I feel I am not aggressive enough on a whole. Is that the only thing I should be thinking of while playing these different tourneys?
Thank you for your time and I hope you all get aces <3

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer turbo speed games! I think that in hyper speed games, you can´t develop your skills and strategy. My favorite mode game is regular speed, but also I like turbo speed games :)

Sorry for my english :D

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was wondering about when people were playing tournaments online and the different tournament speeds. Hyper vs turbo games.
I am very new to online poker and I am guessing that I should be playing more aggressively during hyper games?
Am I right? Although I feel I am not aggressive enough on a whole. Is that the only thing I should be thinking of while playing these different tourneys?
Hello, thank you. Yes, I recommend to avoid hyper turbo games (unless it's free to play). A lot of gambling. Often you have to go all-in with any pair, Ax, suited connectors or 2 broadway cards.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you both very much <3 That has been what I have been figuring out and thought why not reach out here and confirm :)
I have only been playing freerolls on hyper but I have enjoyed the practice so to speak. I need to become more aggressive at times. I feel like it helped me get comfortable with that.
Love to all <3
PS Pindiez your english was fantastic <3

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like hypers, it's too fast for me. I think that you need to be a good poker player to make money in hypers. I heard about people who make money in hypers but I'm not sure.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Hyper tournaments, if I'm not mistaken, the initial stack is about 25BB, which already implies playing more hands, playing more aggressively.

In addition the rapid growth of the blinds forces us to be even more aggressive. In such tournaments, the post-flop skill plays an important role, you need a good reading of hands and quickly memorize the habits of your opponent in draws. Be prepared for a large number of all-ins in which you will be forced to go even with a not very strong hand, because the monster hand may not come.:)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I play the hiper losse agresiv. That is I want to see alot of flops and then push on a hit or semibluff, to make chips for the higher blinds that are coming soon.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Awesome everyone!! Seriously thank you so much. I am solidifying somethings I was guessing was right :)
Everyone is so great here! Ty ty
I think I am still going to try to play the hyper freerolls, lol like playing video games on hard :) You will learn faster I think lol

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally the faster formats offer less post flop play and ICM becomes a factor much faster.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive removed Hypers from my menu sort. They start off fine but finish like a lottery.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like hypers, one mistake is enough to be fatal. You have to play well and rely more on the lucky component.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first glance, turbo speed has many advantages. But this is only the first. Let's look at the picture in more detail.All these advantages attract many players, both recreational, beginners and just amateurs, and regulars. An increased number of participants creates difficulties in the form of increased dispersion and rarer deep aisles and final tables. Shortened playing time for one tournament and a faster transition to the push-fold stage also greatly disperse dispersion.If in a standard tournament you have the opportunity to spend time waiting for strong starting hands, then in turbo tournaments this time is minimal and very soon you will be forced to enter the game, otherwise the blinds will simply eat you up. Often you will have to play with what is handed out to you, and this also imposes certain difficulties.Despite the higher hourly earnings due to the shorter time spent on a particular tournament, the accelerated structure implies deeper streaks, both in plus and minus.Increased dispersion also leaves its mark on the lower average ROI. This can all be offset by the ability to play more tournaments in the same time required to play tournaments at standard speed.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, hyper games tend to make us all open the ranges more, then it makes the game more dynamic and deverted for the eyes of others, for players who are not used to playing them it is usually stressful to go all in and pay there in with such wide ranges.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In hyper-speed tournaments, I don't think we have to play a wide range, we can still play a normal range but we have play full speed when we have a strong hand. Don't be afraid to play aggressively because we don't have many chances to get strong hands. So we have to accept some risky, bad beats in hyper-speed tournaments.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, I must think of all these things as well. :)
There are so many layers to poker it is almost staggering!! Thank you all and nuttea and I still trying to focus on everything you said. :p
Have the best day <3 I am grateful for your everyone's advice <3

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is better to play at turbo speed because you can play more hands without having to play marginal hands. in hyper for my part I always feel obliged to go all-in on some preflop hands instead of playing the flop because the blinds increase much too quickly. in hyper we depend a lot too much on the variance to win especially at the start of the game.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer turbo or regular time because I can play more quietly

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally I would avoid the hyper games. They are more of a gamble. I would just stick to the turbo games. Just be careful to not allow yourself yo be blinded out.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well my loves <3
I am only doing hyper on freerolls, not putting money on the game like that BUT
I have been following strategies suggested and I just made it top on the final table!
I now have a ticket to a much smaller $10 000 + turbo tourney tomorrow!! Woot woot

I really cannot get enough of this site <3 love to all!!

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are new to poker, it’s best not to play hyper tournaments. Such tournaments have a high level of dispersion. Here the right decisions should be made, and even then luck will decide. For such a game, you must have a bankroll with a margin.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play the turbo tournaments because I can think better when I open more tables and understand the hyper turbo tournaments I don't remember playing.

Top 10 Games