How to win early game

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people. Today i want to talk about my early game disaster.
Okey so im playing 1k gtr most of the time. its 100c and i dont know how to beat all the fishs.
My problems is that i having really bad luck and never get a good hand and slowsly i lose my stack. Or seccond problem is i get bad beats even when i have something like 2 pairs or set.
If get chance to win some chips and have a solid stack i can pull to last tables.
But the problem is i rarery gets a chance to have stack to play in later game.
I need early game becouse what advices you guys could give me! Really need them now!

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't remember who said it, but "The best thing in poker is to put your opponent in decision for all his chips"

.. not yours!

I slowed down the shoving, stop calling all-ins if ESS is to high, lowered the amount of my raises preflop and my bets... it helped a lot to go trought late reg period..

sounds weird, but playing position and defending my BB helped a lot also to grow my stack. Not always working, but it works more then it fails.

Usually, until late reg are over, it's tight mode.

-TRP-

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight at the beginning trying to preserve your stack, you will not win the tournament in the early game. Try to preserve your stack to the maximum so that when you have a good hand you win lots of chips. Usually at the beginning of the game guys are advanced and even some donkeys are trying to make some risky moves, try to get those chips with good hands

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages of the game I play tight and try to avoid difficult decisions. Tournaments are not won at an early stage. At the early stage of the game, I try to call all-in with AA or KK.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice will not be solid without reading the literature of poker,I advise you to read more books related to education especially in the early stages of the tournament.good luck!!!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to take risks from the beginning to get my stack of chips as quickly as possible. To get there the weather plupard I play aggressive preflop and I do not hesitate to play wide. I try when it's possible to target the least gifted player of the table or who has the tendency to repeat the same mistakes. Well, we can bluff several flops but when we do not touch any cards. tournaments with this style of play. The key thing to remember is to know how to keep control.When you come to a table, online better to let a hand or two without engaging in the game to have the opportunity to observe the other players. Of course if you are served with an exceptional hand, do not miss it. But be especially careful that you do not know the profile of your opponents.It is important to know how to handle with skill the psychological dimension of poker because the strong point of an aggressive player is that thanks to his big raises it rarely happens to the River.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice will not be solid without reading the literature of poker,I advise you to read more books related to education especially in the early stages of the tournament.good luck!!!
Could you offer me some?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With every around 100bbs I like to treat the game like a cash game.... then as stacks start to offer a varince is when I resort to spasific play based off my size compared to my opponents.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've been struggling a bit in the early stages. I have widened my range a bit lately and tried to build a better stack earlier, but that definitely offers more variance as I play in micro stakes and run into some weird stuff far too often. My most recent weird stuff was yesterday with JJ. I bet every street until the river on a 974 2 3 board, the guy donk bet the river and I called...only to lose to 4 3 off. Frustrating, but I know I played it right. I haven't decided yet if I'm better off tightening back up in the early stages, or if I'm making good plays and simply getting unlucky.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
My opinion is that you play the right cards.
Dont play each and every hand.
Play selective hands only.
That way you will win more than you lose.
And if you lose to good hands than you were not destined to win the tournament.
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest you have to ask yourself your own strengths,
The best advice i was ever given from any book was, always know where you expect your chips to come from, players playing too many hands, win small pots with small hands against them, and when you hit big get them to pay you big.

I have heard of some advice about small ball poker, which in my oppinion comes more into play only once the ante's set in, anytime before Antes your best bet is to wait for your strong hands, however if you have some nice suited connector and you can get involved in a multiway pot then by all means, just dont get married to playing cards just because they are suited etc etc always have a reason for playing them

Once ante's start to kick in now blinds can be worth stealing, and before people realize what part of the tournament you are in, as people usually forget to change gear

you should only be calling raises with 25+ BB with hands that have potential, again if you can get into a multiway pot cheaply then its best to try
once your down to 20BB you can no longer call raises without putting your stack at risk, too many false moves and you will be fast in push and shove mode, if you see a player raising too often punish him with a re raise all in, its risky but at this point in the tournament a resteal can be the difference between surviving the bubble with a nice chip stack, even better if you can use this time to get a stack size where you can control the table

at 10BB of course your all in or nothing

Finally if your in a Turbo.... 5 min blinds or less, then everything is doubled, you take more risks, but your goal is to get double ups before the blinds creep up on you, this is why these tournaments are so high in variance.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest you have to ask yourself your own strengths,
The best advice i was ever given from any book was, always know where you expect your chips to come from, players playing too many hands, win small pots with small hands against them, and when you hit big get them to pay you big.

I have heard of some advice about small ball poker, which in my oppinion comes more into play only once the ante's set in, anytime before Antes your best bet is to wait for your strong hands, however if you have some nice suited connector and you can get involved in a multiway pot then by all means, just dont get married to playing cards just because they are suited etc etc always have a reason for playing them

Once ante's start to kick in now blinds can be worth stealing, and before people realize what part of the tournament you are in, as people usually forget to change gear

you should only be calling raises with 25+ BB with hands that have potential, again if you can get into a multiway pot cheaply then its best to try
once your down to 20BB you can no longer call raises without putting your stack at risk, too many false moves and you will be fast in push and shove mode, if you see a player raising too often punish him with a re raise all in, its risky but at this point in the tournament a resteal can be the difference between surviving the bubble with a nice chip stack, even better if you can use this time to get a stack size where you can control the table

at 10BB of course your all in or nothing

Finally if your in a Turbo.... 5 min blinds or less, then everything is doubled, you take more risks, but your goal is to get double ups before the blinds creep up on you, this is why these tournaments are so high in variance.
Thanks for it! :)

Just finished a tournament in 80place this time i manage to pull up early stages but in the end probably fortune was not in my side, becouse i end up putting all in with 5bb.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people. Today i want to talk about my early game disaster.
Okey so im playing 1k gtr most of the time. its 100c and i dont know how to beat all the fishs.
My problems is that i having really bad luck and never get a good hand and slowsly i lose my stack. Or seccond problem is i get bad beats even when i have something like 2 pairs or set.
If get chance to win some chips and have a solid stack i can pull to last tables.
But the problem is i rarery gets a chance to have stack to play in later game.
I need early game becouse what advices you guys could give me! Really need them now!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I would recommend reading poker strategy articles, because initially with few chips we should play only strong hands, but I think that you have gotten wrapped up in that you have bad luck and this incredibly influences your performance as a poker player and I say it for[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]experience, so you have to play with fun and positively, good luck:):):)[/COLOR]​

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I would recommend reading poker strategy articles, because initially with few chips we should play only strong hands, but I think that you have gotten wrapped up in that you have bad luck and this incredibly influences your performance as a poker player and I say it for[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]experience, so you have to play with fun and positively, good luck:):):)[/COLOR]​
You right when i have bad luck and then i start play more hand and then get caught with 2 pairs or smth :D

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You right when i have bad luck and then i start play more hand and then get caught with 2 pairs or smth :D

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]the best thing is to try to calm down and if not better to play at another time.[/COLOR]​

Top 10 Games