How will ACR's newest Cyclone format unfold?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had a chance to play this "cyclone" thing yet. Before I dive head first into it, has anyone actually tried it out and have any input? Is it going to be as awesome as hyped?

Here is copy pasted directly from the website: https://www.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-promotions/cyclones-blitz-tournaments/
How to play and how they work

The Nuts and Bolts

1- Get started by buying in at any level between 1 and 7 and you’ll be seated in a Blitz player pool with a stack of roughly 10 big blinds (give or take, depending on the level).
2- The objective is to win 5,000 chips. As soon as you get there, you’ve won your ticket to the next round. As opposed to traditional satellites where you must beat 90% of the field, you just have to hit a certain amount of chips, and not worry about what everyone else is doing.
3- Because you are in a Blitz poker player pool, you aren’t forced to sit at a computer for hours to wait for a satellite to finish. Leave and come as you please, and you can pick up where you left off.
4- You can win more than once with one buy-in by finishing with more than 5,000 chips. Let’s say that you stack your opponent on an 8,000-chip pot. Not only will you get a ticket for the next level, but you get reseated at the same level with the excess 3,000 chips to try and win another ticket. Unlimited potential.
5- FOR THE WIN: We all get stuck sometimes, or sometimes we just want to lock in a win. With the FOR THE WIN feature you can. The indicator at the bottom left of your screen will show you exactly how much cash value your chip stack has towards reaching the next level. The FTW amount is rounded up to the nearest multiple of $0.05. Simply click on the button to buy the difference and the ticket is yours.

What would you do with multiple tickets you ask? Sell ‘em for cold hard cash in our Venom Marketplace, or keep ‘em for a second or third bullet in your quest for the $1,000,000 first prize. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I had multiple tickets, I think I would sell anything over 3 tickets. If I can't cash with 3 buy-ins, I might as well get some cash from tickets.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very interested but seeing how the Cyclone roll-out has been pushed back until the 20th of November I guess I will have to wait until then.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks interesting 2 double ups roughly and on to the next step will play a few for sure.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested to give these a try this week.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started this thread b4 I had any experience playing. After grinding them for a month, I'd wager that they are here to stay for sure, and, I think they are going to explode in popularity once casual players start finding out about them. I noted 5 of the not-so-obvious reasons one should try these out in this blog: https://clubdegen.com/top-5-reasons-to-try-cyclones/

My favorite is that they train to you play final tables for cheap-- normally if you're practicing final table play, you're risking a lot more than just 25-cents.

Folding in Poker