How can we beat a fish on the table?

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know but the 60% of fish are lucky, they play with cards off suit and the 60% they will win😒

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key word is tight. Tighten your range. If they are playing very loose, you play tight and wait for a premium hand. Then get as much value out of them as you can on those hands. Occasionally, they will still luck out but most of the time, you should pick up most of their stack.

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key word is tight. Tighten your range. If they are playing very loose, you play tight and wait for a premium hand. Then get as much value out of them as you can on those hands. Occasionally, they will still luck out but most of the time, you should pick up most of their stack.
Its a good strategy, thank you for share it :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question: How can we beat a fish on the table?

Answer:

Step 1: Grab fishing poll

Step 2: Catch fish

Step 3: Take fish to house

Step 4: Place fish on table

Step 5: Proceed to beat fish on the table

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha KingCurtis...nice....but yes i dont know what the answer would be...I tighten my range...i won't even play anything unless its AA....and they still seem to win....so that's a good question

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
step 1: recognise the fish
step 2: identify when the fish has 'nothing'
step 3: if the fish is also a calling station: you must have a hand
step 4: ask the fish for chips

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Have you tried other baits??:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Not only AA plays strong for fishes, try the fishhooks as well ( JJ ) :ciao:

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take notes and you will find out who the fish are,then tight until you get the right hand but sometimes they will still hit lucky.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't know how to beat fish at the table then you are the fish !

And, yes your % numbers are incorrect.

Good luck !

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

the fish can play tight as well, not very commun but it can happens. One of the knoledge that is sick on a fish player is the math of poker. For exemple when you are in a drawn and you know what is the pot odds to play this drawn use it! they will no notice that you are playing those odds on you favor making all your playing EV+.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
step 3: use slowplay
step 4: fry and eat with a very cold beer :D

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

haha KingCurtis...nice....but yes i dont know what the answer would be...I tighten my range...i won't even play anything unless its AA....and they still seem to win....so that's a good question

The other 40%, you still have to catch something!

step 3: if the fish is also a calling station: you must have a hand
step 4: ask the fish for chips

Have you tried other baits??:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Not only AA plays strong for fishes, try the fishhooks as well ( JJ ) :ciao:

Take notes and you will find out who the fish are,then tight until you get the right hand but sometimes they will still hit lucky.

Where are you getting this statistic from?
My time playing poker statistic 😞

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't know how to beat fish at the table then you are the fish !

And, yes your % numbers are incorrect.

Good luck !
Lol its just a question to see the skills of other ...Gl bro

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got out against one, he shoved Q8 of spades, I called AJ diamonds, board 4 clubs and river was an 8, so I'd say kill the fish in early stages, because they don't have a postflop play at all and will shove even on the FT and there it drives you crazy:bebored:

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you better watch out for sharks, fish get you out of the game sometimes but the shark ... :eek:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish Extinguisher

AA,KK,AK,QQ

That'll do.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bluff them. Just wait for a strong hand and bet realizing they only are playing their hand and are in the dark in poker.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you identify the fish you just have to tighten up your hand selection and set the trap when the times right

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the fact that a player plays with off suit cards does not mean that he is fish, now if you say that he plays out of position with certain cards or that he bet with cards like 23 and win there if I give you a little reason, fish are fishing, you just have to wait for the right moment to attack, try to play harder

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to pick up hands to beat a fish. They play high variance poker so if you want to tango with them, you need to accept that you are entering in a high variance situation.
If you don’t want profitable variance, then play tight and VALUE BET your marginal holding.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp, play tight, stay cool.

Heya all ~

I think it's being assumed that there's only one fish in a 10 handed game.

It's common knowledge (or it should be to those here!) that pair vs underpair is 80/20 respectively. It's close enough for pair vs undercards to make no difference. So if you're on a table with two or three fish, 10 handed, your glorious pocket aces are going to get you nowhere for very long. If they win, will your next pair stand up...? Unlikely.

You have to be lucky every time, only one of those fish needs to get lucky and one of them will.

So many players limping in on freerolls and micro stakes feed the fish. Don't encourage those scrubs. Don't limp, play tight, stay cool.

Keep Poker Tidy: fry a fish each day!

Peace all

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing you can do is to get your chips in as the favorite... in the long run you should see a nice profit, although some sink will luck you out with a 2
Outer on the river here and there... or in every single hand like I had it yesterday where i Lost every single hand against people who shove with less than 4 outs....