How to Survive Late in Freerolls

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a problem to get to the final table. Most of the time I got busted when 20-50 players left. Anyone can advice on which hands I should play. Maybe I play too tight?

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise you to play more aggressively but of course always focused on yuor opponents .

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, too, when I come to the last table, I play more circumspectly. You did not write about the size of the raise when you come to the game with a good card. I will definitely raise from 2 to 4 BB. And the higher the premium card or the pocket pair, the higher the raise. If you go limp, then there is an opportunity to lose more. It is more profitable to immediately spend on a raise than to lose more later.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such cases, I try to play as carefully as possible, I try to catch the enemy when I have nuts. The second time I do not spend short hands.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing with fast and unpredictable strategy changes. At the later tourney phase opps usually have learned ur recent strategy and its changes even can get u to win

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that your problem is that you lose a lot of chips on the bubble because a lot of people tend to get into prizes because of what they do not play middle hands on the bubble

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight aggressive and premium hands...

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no magic hands, keep in mind that you play a free tournament in which there will be many players, which means more variance in the game, you must identify those who play with good cards and those who do not. In the end the most important thing is patience, and playing super aggressive with strong hands, surely someone will pay you, remember these in a freeroll.

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the advice. The biggest problem is when big blind = 4000.
My stack is =30000. I did not get good cards for a long time, which hands to play?. There is no time to wait. I finished with short stack and get a few calls letter on, even with good hands and got busted out from tournament. It happens all the time.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how many chips you got in the final, plays a more aggressive, but also more carefully, as very often you can lose everything.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take lots of risks earlier on, you have the opportunity to have a big stack, and then experience the joy of being the big stack bully on the bubble :)

Knowing your push/fold tables can't hurt either.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like you are having a hard time dealing with escalating blinds and you should work on continually building your stack... I would suggest putting some time into studying how to play a short stack effectively.

Study push/fold charts - just google '15bb push fold chart' and study the ranges for the different stack sizes in different positions. These are just a guide, but they can give you a good idea of how many big blinds a hand is worth with x number of players behind you.

The situation you described, 30k stack with 4k bb, is solidly within the realm of all-in or fold strategy and you probably shouldn't have let yourself get that short if you want to win a tournament (and who doesn't!)

Good luck to you! :D

mst32ro

mst32ro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo the best play after ITM is that you feel comfortable with. For me works the TAG style of play even if i reach only few BBs. EVERY time i have good stack ( 100+ BBs) on late stage of MTTs i lose it in a strange way :D ! So, i keep it to TAG after ITM.

Z

zzOGzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The range of hands to enter as well as the size of the raise I change depending on the speed of the tournament and the size of my stack ... and also control the hit in itm

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
immediately as the bubble is over, a lot of players with small stacks are ready to go all-in with almost any card, they think that once they get into ITM they have already fulfilled their mission in the tournament and can safely fly out! This can be used to increase your stack and comfortable game in the final stage

L

lyndap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free Play Craziness

Free Plays are a tough nut to crack. In all the ones I've play I only had success in finishing in the money once. Consistency and aggression when I have the cards helped. Remain patient when you don't have the cards to play. The right mindset mid point when you are getting blinded away. At the same time you need to know when to shove it on them to get the maximum benefit out of the hand.

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play free rolls TAG but don't be afraid to raise with good draws.

I'd you are down to 20 ppl or less with a short stack then you won't have the luxury of waiting for a "good" hand, cards a lot of the times don't even matter, wait for a good spot to pounce. You will have to figure out these good spots on your own

GL

L

leoleiva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Friend. Try to Play Tigh Agressive

you will not recieve the best cards allways, and you need to press or pushing them using your position at the table (last). if you want to learn this kind of play you need to play SnG like one table of 9 players or 18 players. Be Patient and avoid pay raises or all in against several (2 or more) players. G.L.

Nick: leoleiva

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no problem to play with good hands. What about if you seat for an hour without any cards that you can play. Antes eat my bankroll and finally I finished with short stack.

mst32ro

mst32ro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best play in frr and micro sattelites is agro-NIT. If you have a good hand go for it.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During this period, many play aggressively to steal the blind. It's hard for me to play, because it's hard to get into the flop because of the regular all-in, but sometimes you can guess the actions of the players. Recently I went for the final table cardchat Frerool. This was on Friday December 1, 2017. And there won second place won 15 dollars. Thanks to the forum for this opportunity. It's better to go all-in with a good card and fold, if they are too weak to keep the stack and survive in the tournament, as much as possible. Usually for patience comes a good card and it becomes possible to win a lot of chips.

Freeroll Passwords