How to Survive At Long Tourneys such as jackpot?

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered at the jackpot 80k series at poker stars and I didn't think it was too long like it was. Jackpot nevermore for me.I spended 5 hours to gain 20ç!

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered at the jackpot 80k series at Poker Stars and I didn't think it was too long like it was. Jackpot nevermore for me.I spended 5 hours to gain 20ç!

What place did you come in at to get .20ct ?

If I'm not mistaken, the Jackpot 80k freeroll on ACR paid out up to 200 places tonight.

Just curious.

Last edited:
Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
42° was my position.

wow

Check out the Americas Card Room site. ((ACR))

There must be more players there or something.
Because I am almost positive that I saw a payout at 200 places.
((but my brain is old...and I get things mixed up alot))

I was in a $1 tounament tonight that paid out 100 places.

I was in another tournament that paid out 260 places.

I would suggest just taking a look at the site.

I play on BOL too...but I'm not playing cash games there right now until they get all their glitches fixed.
I've only had one issue with a game I had to reload 2 days ago on ACR. Bu tall I had to do was leave the table real fast, click on "my tournaments" go back to the lobby, and hit "take my seat". I was back in the game in less than 60 seconds.

HEY NOPA!!???....how many people were in that tournament?
If you remember.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play tight agressive i think because blinds doesnt increase to fast so you have a lot of time to pick up nice hand and get value from it

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This money is not worth the time and effort. Although something needs to be started!

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold,fold,fold, and fold some more. Well timed aggression, then back to folding.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I managed to win this tournament. But it's really difficult to find a motive for playing. Late registration takes two hours and there are many bad players in the tournament.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jackpost tournaments don't pay much. Only decent money is final table that's why i stopped playing the tournaments now. One of the ways to survive a long tournament is play well all the time. Dont make mistakes. I've survived a tournament of several hours. It's tiring but it can be done.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing at Poker Stars in favour of ACR, The fields are much smaller and running the gauntlet of bad players is no where near as bad.