How’s it going/How are you doing?

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whilst playing tournaments (S&Gs/MTTs) I’m often asked by my wife “How’s it going?” or “How are you doing?”. I struggle to know how to answer this, other than saying “ok” or “still in”. To me this is a binary situation, I’m either in or out. I’ve tried to explain that I could be out after the next hand (usually a cooler or bad beat!) so my current position is somewhat irrelevant to answer the question. What would your response be?

T

TetraTap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk about the table dynamics and what the pitfalls are and what edge you could have over your opponents?

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, although I think she is expecting a less detailed analysis and more of the “how much longer will this last“ info.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends a lot on how the table is going, poker is high and low this answer you could answer through your old ones and the progress of the game if it is good

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that the main thing is your goal. If you have a goal, then you have something to work for. Just tell your wife about your goal and your dreams.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My answer would be it is going good
Maybe you should try and explain it to her
Your odds and so forth..

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How about trying, "Another hour and I'm in the money." Or "20 more players until we reach the money."

This lets her know that if you get off soon, it is a bad thing. The longer you play, the more you make.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when your wife cooks dinner, ask how is the food?