How to qualify to Sunday Million

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I set my target at the moment as to play frequently Sunday Million and get ITM. I got the feel that it pays well and the field is a bit loose.

Unfortunately, my bankroll is very modest and I can't afford to buy-in it. Therefore I'm playing the SATs, the last two weeks I qualified through Shootout 4x 0.55 Cents. But this I played more than 100 times and I didn't get in, quite frustrate!

What would be the best way to qualify? Could you share your experience on getting into to famous tourneys?

Thanks!

F

flyingpickle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday Mill

I find those $0.50 qualifier to be a waste of money. Just all card luck. I won my first satellite this past weekend in the $5.50 sat. A lot more "real" poker.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

I set my target at the moment as to play frequently Sunday Million and get ITM. I got the feel that it pays well and the field is a bit loose.

Unfortunately, my bankroll is very modest and I can't afford to buy-in it. Therefore I'm playing the SATs, the last two weeks I qualified through Shootout 4x 0.55 Cents. But this I played more than 100 times and I didn't get in, quite frustrate!

What would be the best way to qualify? Could you share your experience on getting into to famous tourneys?

Thanks!

firstly, stop playing hyper tourbo satellites and concentrate on slow structures. this is one of the success factors!
Playing in the early stages of a satellite tournament is no different from any other tournament. The main goal is not to take risks, try to win chips in situations that are good for us and not give them away in dispersion situations. Each chip lost at the beginning of the tournament will cost you dearly on prebble and dough when you sit out players in the hope of winning the coveted ticket.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Closer to the middle and late part of the tournament you will have to find situations in order to double your stack. You absolutely need to approach the dough with a good stack, otherwise your chances for a ticket will be much lower. Therefore, you will often have to set up in suitable spots with an unprepared, but nut-oriented hand. Thanks to this, you can approach the dough already with a ticket ready.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
If you nevertheless approached the short stack bubble, then you should understand that the only tactic right for you is to sit out other short stacks to get a ticket. This is the main difference from the usual MTT tournaments, where you have to risk even with a short stack on the dough if you do not want to get the minimum money. Here, minimal money is tantamount to winning a tournament. So decision-making on the dough directly depends on the IMS.good luck.man;)[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
firstly, stop playing hyper tourbo satellites and concentrate on slow structures. this is one of the success factors!
Playing in the early stages of a satellite tournament is no different from any other tournament. The main goal is not to take risks, try to win chips in situations that are good for us and not give them away in dispersion situations. Each chip lost at the beginning of the tournament will cost you dearly on prebble and dough when you sit out players in the hope of winning the coveted ticket.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Closer to the middle and late part of the tournament you will have to find situations in order to double your stack. You absolutely need to approach the dough with a good stack, otherwise your chances for a ticket will be much lower. Therefore, you will often have to set up in suitable spots with an unprepared, but nut-oriented hand. Thanks to this, you can approach the dough already with a ticket ready.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
If you nevertheless approached the short stack bubble, then you should understand that the only tactic right for you is to sit out other short stacks to get a ticket. This is the main difference from the usual MTT tournaments, where you have to risk even with a short stack on the dough if you do not want to get the minimum money. Here, minimal money is tantamount to winning a tournament. So decision-making on the dough directly depends on the IMS.good luck.man;)

Very good advise there. I like 11 $ satties into sm or 5.50 ones .. play like any proper mtt with little twist. those 55 cents hyper shootouts are really luckfest completely

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
If you nevertheless approached the short stack bubble, then you should understand that the only tactic right for you is to sit out other short stacks to get a ticket. This is the main difference from the usual MTT tournaments, where you have to risk even with a short stack on the dough if you do not want to get the minimum money. Here, minimal money is tantamount to winning a tournament. So decision-making on the dough directly depends on the IMS.good luck.man;)[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Great man! Thank you for provide an overall map to get a ticket through MTT Satallites.
I try this week and I will share my results on this topic.