How to play turbo tournaments?

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me on what strategy to play turbo tournaments? The blinds grow every 3 minutes. It turns out almost every new distribution is the increase of the blind. If you wait for a good hand, you spend all of the stack. Play any hand - lose. Does it turn out that turbo tournaments are just luck?

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely, it's like bingo than poker.
My strategy to play hyperturbo tournaments is basically all-in for good hands, such as ace
9 or higher or king 9 or higher. If doubled or tripled to play very tightly

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried a couple of times to play turbo poker ..... but my conclusion is that turbo poker is not poker than gambling .

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbo tournaments it is quite possible to win, but in view of their transience, you will need a little more luck for this than in standard SnG tournaments. This is so, because most of the time you will play on the strategy of short stacks, and, therefore, most of the decisions you make will be in push-fold format.
In these tournaments there is not a lot of space for postflop games, and after a few first rounds you will almost not play post-flop, because by this time you will most likely be in All-In. In short, a good strategy for playing poker turbo tournaments will be a quality selection of starting hands and the right moments for all-in. It is not very pleasant to risk all of your chips so often, but this is the only way that can lead to success in games of this format.
Of course, you will have to feel all the delights of dispersion in these games, and therefore do not expect fast results after a couple of tournaments played. You will need to play a very large number of such games, in order to steadily win money, and therefore get used to fairly large fluctuations, if you decide to engage in playing turbo tournaments on a regular basis.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right that turbo tournaments is luck,you can still call mini Allin.How to play don't know...

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have asked the same question to commentators of EPT final, they said, that it's only luck(i think it's about 888 freerols?)

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll get used to them the more you play. It is a balancing act between staying ahead of the blinds and waiting for good hands.

To be successful you really have to put the time in to learn the range of hands you should be playing with each stack size from each position.

Take advantage of any chip making opportunities: re-raising loose players, stealing when first into the pot, and balancing this with value to keep your opponents off balance.

Watching Twitch streamers play turbo tournaments can help you get a better feel for these as well.

Good luck to you! :D

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that by playing 10,000 hands in a turbo, you will realize that luck is bad here, and an experienced player wins more often

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me on what strategy to play turbo tournaments? The blinds grow every 3 minutes. It turns out almost every new distribution is the increase of the blind. If you wait for a good hand, you spend all of the stack. Play any hand - lose. Does it turn out that turbo tournaments are just luck?

there's a lot of useful information here !!
thank you!!!

good luck at tables!!!!

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely, it's like bingo than poker.
My strategy to play hyperturbo tournaments is basically all-in for good hands, such as ace
9 or higher or king 9 or higher. If doubled or tripled to play very tightly
Well, I do the same. There are people who play all-in with any hand. Make roulette from poker

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, in general, I agree with you. But often it happens that you go all-in with KAs and you win 29o. Offensively. I try to play such kinds of poker only on tickets freerolls

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have asked the same question to commentators of EPT final, they said, that it's only luck(i think it's about 888 freerols?)
Yes. Freerolls from 888 Poker. Well happy that it turns out at least in the prizes enter

L

LOUKAS796

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is good for a shark when the game is slow,if the game is too fast,come on it's only luck.i hate modern online poker for some reasons like this...

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played turbo for a long time and I've already gotten used to the game's formula, you're right when it says it can be swallowed by the blinds, but in this type of game you should also agressive as other players are waiting for a great hand is still a good option.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo is different from hyper-turbo. The one you're talking about is hyper, and frankly there's no big strategy. Push and get lucky. Hyper-turbo and Spins'Go is bingo.

In turbos it is more possible to play. Play only monster hands at the beginning to try to collect some chips. The secret of these tournaments is the bubble, which you will have to steal the blinds. And just before the bubble burst, you'll have to decide to push or fold; It is.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You often get a lot of all in's in the first few hands, if you don't have a big hand then wait for the initial implosion to slow down then start making plays.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me turbo poker tournaments are only luck,even spin go poker tournaments depends on poker player skill than turbo poker tournament.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in, steal the blinds, gamble all in, steal, All in and get lucky. That's it.

D

DjMoUs3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo tourneys are quite crazy early. That's why you need to use all your experience and try to win early at least 1 all-in so that you can start to play real poker after the all-inn rush. Usually after about 1 hour all things come back to normal. You can also try to play normal but if you get raised and got a good hand then you shove it all and hope for the best. At least this is what I do and sometimes works. Have a good one next time when you try.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
'Turbo' is very different on certain sites. On 888 Turbo is VERY fast and 'normal' is what Turbo is on pokerstars. Which site/software are you referring to?

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play risky and fast, but if you play differently, there's no chance to win.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo tournaments it is mostly a game of luck, at least I think so

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular I play turbo tournaments and what I do is, when I have a really good I go all-in. And get the most profit out of my good hands!

Mini1380

Mini1380

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it like everyone is on a rush. Lower it standards and when u pick a hand commit be prepared to commit

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn about the Independent Chip Model (ICM). It's important when stacks are short and you are near the bubble. In Hyper Turbo SNGs, most of the play occurs under these conditions.