How to play tournaments against ACR players

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Its been a couple of years since I been on this site. In the past several months I've been playing on ACR, ignition and BetOnline. Now Ignition and BetOnline are certainly softer than ACR. The playing style in ACR'S MTT'S is unique, because the majority play the same style, there are very few limpers preflop, the standard PFR is minimum for the most part. The player pool on ACR is suspicious to me. Why is the player pool dominated by Eastern Europeans, anybody know the answer? And most importantly; do you guys think that playing low stakes MTT'S on ACR is worth the effort. I mean really are they beatable for a decent player? I have done well on both ignition an BOL, but my ACR results are not near as good. Any kind comments appreciated. Thanks.:eek:

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 2 cents

I have heard there is mass cheating on acr and i believe it look up joe ingram on YouTube

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is tough as fuark. Stay away if you want weak stupid donkeys. That being said it overall is best place to play.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom is by far the place the best poker players play. they play very tight and well. betonline is the place to build a roll though harder to deposit on still well worth the effort. Im a sadist so I play on Americas cardroom. I need to see blood on the tables GL

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is definitely worth it to play micro stakes on ACR. Have you seen the amount of overlay some of the tournaments get? I enjoy winning overlay money and it not that difficult do on ACR is you stay patient and keeping playing the late night tournaments. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes I go through some pretty long downswings but the upswings are always much better!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR and BOL tournament structure is very different.

ACR has a much longer late registration window with their MTTs, sometimes double the time (or longer) of BOL late registration. ACR has a lot more players than BOL when comparing similar buy-in and MTT structure (rebuy, re-enter, etc).

While I don't think the opponents on the ACR micro-stakes MTTs are better than BOL, getting to the final table is much harder due to how much longer you have to play. The plus is the payouts are much higher for the top spots compared to BOL.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR and BOL tournament structure is very different.

ACR has a much longer late registration window with their MTTs, sometimes double the time (or longer) of BOL late registration. ACR has a lot more players than BOL when comparing similar buy-in and MTT structure (rebuy, re-enter, etc).

While I don't think the opponents on the ACR micro-stakes MTTs are better than BOL, getting to the final table is much harder due to how much longer you have to play. The plus is the payouts are much higher for the top spots compared to BOL.

This is very true, with the higher player base and longer registration times ACR is a lot harder. Another thing to consider is because BOL's tournaments usually don't have as many entrees as ACR they have way less ITM spots so if you're concerned about at least breaking even it can be rough.

Last edited:
iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard there is mass cheating on acr and i believe it look up joe ingram on YouTube
Yea I seen Joey's videos. I kind of thought WPN would try to get a grip on the cheating after what Joey revealed; however I believe its the structure differences that are throwing me off on these 3 sites. I was thinking along those lines, but wasn't sure.

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The title of my message was changed somehow. It should read: Not winning on WPN.

Anyways, I've found out that some of the players I thought were fish are actually big winners on BOL according to sharkscope. I suppose there at least a few different winning styles now. I'm actually in shock after seeing sharkscope. I'm thinking now that I have major leaks the need sealed up quick. I think at best I'm a slight winner scarping by. My results on there were worse than they really are, so I'n know my results are not completely accurate, not sure about other players?

G

garnerwj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear you man. ACR has really good players because its the closest to pokerstars Americans can get. As a result, you run into some tough competition. Plus the good tourneys are expensive so players so you have a tougher time as well.
I mean I went broke a few times because I kept suffering too many bad beats and coolers in tourneys. Before I knew it I was in the low stakes with aggro donks.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You really must play your A game when on ACR. It is the hardest site we can play on for sure but thats what makes it so much fun.

V

ViolentID

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is tough as fuark. Stay away if you want weak stupid donkeys. That being said it overall is best place to play.
I agree its a good site and there a lot of donkeys. But ive enjoyed the poker site forum, this one included, that the freeroll sites directed me to for passwords. Also the radio stations they recommend for passwords are cool.