This is a discussion on How to play FT?? within the online poker forums, in the Tournament Poker section; Hello guys!
I'm just a new BR member (sorry for my bad english) and I want some help in: HOW TO PLAY FT.
I'm always going to
When the game is 9 players, you should only play with good starting hands. If you decide to play a hand though, play it aggressive. You should give your opening range, when the table is less players. Keep an eye on the different stack sizes and payout structure. If you are chiplider, you should exert pressure on the players with average stacks.
29th February 2016, 10:53 PM
Poker at: PokerStars
Opa é nois novatos aqui! =)
Well, having a average stack i like to looking for opportunities. Try to play with a minimum players as possible and if u got a good or reasonable hand, aim on the shortstacks, ortherwise dont even try to play with them, cuz they will shove it 70% of times and fold preflop the other 30%.
This strategy prevents u to be knocked before the shortstack and forcing the shorts to play with the majority of players, in this way u got some free paid positions.
1st March 2016, 6:05 AM
Online Poker at: PokerStars
When you have nine players still play with good hands, let the opponents to kill themselves and play for ICM, when there are 6 players get the most drop the game, being more aggressive and with a wider range and whenever you can, steal the blinds to make a stack maintenance.
1st March 2016, 6:20 AM
Play like u played b4 u reach the final table, u must have done something right to be on it but i would let couple of hands pass me by just to see how players play, who plays agro, who plays tight, who plays small ball, those kind of things, and once i have a rough idea about whos who on the table ill start playin, and keep adjusting to the table and the play, get in with the best of it, and fold it when i dont have it.
1st March 2016, 7:26 AM
re: Poker & How to play FT??
Experience is handy, Ace-5 is decent in the beginning but by the FT it's a monster hand, maximise every valuable hand
1st March 2016, 1:54 PM
Play like when you started to play the tournament. Collect many info about your opponents. Don't change your style. Be calm and wait for good cards. Note that on the final table every seat counts...