How to play against agressive players?

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have this problem, most of the times when I am big blind, in a MMT tournament, next to the prize pool and don't have much chips. Some players play agressive and really get some money from me. Some times I go all in against them and they just fold. But keep doing that on next BB. Thanks you guys.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need have strong hand to play vs maniacs.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How low are your chips?? some people told me if your getting under 8BB ur doing something wrong.

A. You lose your fold equity
B. Your not playing enough and getting blinded out.
C. Learn to steal back
D. Also sometimes call. A lot of maniacs want folds pre and when you call they give up immediately. Make sure you note these guys because you can call and lead all flops. Opponents stealing wide will be the best target and you'll avoid a lot of sticky situations and get some ez chips.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
do the same things :D be agressive! maybe u have not enough chips coz waiting for a good hand at the beginning of the tourney) Every hand can win!
1) learn the table
2) be agressive (raise in position, never slowplying big pair)
3) dont forget about FOLD button :)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I meet an aggressive player trying to discard a card if my bankroll is below that player .Can only play monsters. If bankroll twice we can supply , but subject to strong hands.And raise and raise-if only confident in winning

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're all doing properly go on further.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I catch these players when I have a good hand. With an average hand, I did not come into play. After they raise I do not show that I have a good hand. On the river rise after rate Aggressive player. Against any player can find an antidote.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s important that you know the difference between someone playing aggressively with value hands and someone playing aggressively with bluffing hands. There’s a big difference between someone who raises pre-flop from late position and continuation bets 100% of the time, but then gives up on the turn and someone who’s capable of triple barrelling as a bluff all the way down to the river with complete air.

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have this problem, most of the times when I am big blind, in a MMT tournament, next to the prize pool and don't have much chips. Some players play agressive and really get some money from me. Some times I go all in against them and they just fold. But keep doing that on next BB. Thanks you guys.

How to handle a situation like this depends entirely on your stack size, your read on your opponent and your willingness to put your stack at risk with a marginal hand. When you are shortstacked and in the blinds, near the bubble and it is folded to late position, the BUT or CO is more often than not going to be taking advantage of this situation and stealing with a much wider range of hands. For example if the BUT does it every single time that player is likely stealing with any two cards. If they are opening for 2.5-3x raise and your stack is 12-15BB deep you will eventually need to take a stand and jam with a hand you deem to be good enough. This will force a fold more often than not. Of course there is always the risk they are actually raising with a real hand and you will bust short of cashing.

If you jam in the 8-10BB range you are going to want to be more certain you have the better hand as you are going to be called more often depending on the aggressors stack size.

If you somehow find yourself down to less than 5BB you are pretty much in ATC territory, as you have no fold equity and will soon be blinded out. Sooner rather than later you will just have to commit with any two cards and get it in against ideally only a single opponent and hope for a double up.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your in the BB and someone on the button or the SB are always stealing your blinds and jamming every time you should widen your calling/3 bet jamming range. Any AT suited and above would work for me versus a player like this.

ivkeeeeee

ivkeeeeee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table

BEFORE ITM should always be trying to be above average chip not to come In this situation that these aggressive players takes BB and SB, WHY do you need to improve trimmed with chips and came PHASE BUBBLE you need to become aggressive player only way you you expect to get to the final table.

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for a good hand ..I cant risk my game on someone that likes to shove air just because he has the chips.. Sometimes you can double up threw these guys but most times I find its not worth the risk because his J6 is beating your QQ no matter what lmaoooooooooo

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a few hands when you have a good read on him, use your odds calculator to determine your EV aganist his pre-flop range. You don't need to wait for the nuts to beat him, just get it in good with the hand you think dominates his range. On the flop, if you decide to call, LAGs will will CB 80% of the time if not more, depending on the board texture. U need to do some floating, check calling, and semi-bluffing. Semi-blufs are a strong play against LAGs.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must wait for a really good card and avoid limping(calling)

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Compose yourself and open up your ranges a bit, try to play in position and value bet them to death!

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep folding until you get AA, KK, QQ, or JJ.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep folding until you get AA, KK, QQ, or JJ.
Lol when you're getting shortstacked like OP said, you certainly don't have the luxury to wait JJ+. Hopefully you've seen the types of hands they are opening with in late position and so you should feel comfortable getting it in with anything that is ahead of their range. 3betting all-in is a nice way to pick up a good amount of chips later on in tourneys when you have a shorter stack.

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win agressive players, then you should be agressive aswell. That means dont be afraid to go all in with top pairs n so on.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I watch how his playing if is bluffing or not and I wait for a good hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No aggression will not stand against the good luck.

R

reena915

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bubble out or what? You can always use the clock hoping someone will get careless and put you in the money. lol

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always remember if they are always doing these things and never just folding then they have to be doing so with a wide range of hands therefore , we can play back with a wide range of hands. As you have stated , you have seen them just raise fold to your all ins. So just try and track the situations where players are trying to steal from you with this wider range of hands which should allow you to play back at them more often with reshoves and pick up the dead chips from their raise folds .

B

Benghazi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually fold until I get a hand that I know I can win. Slow roll them till I can get a big call out of them