How to play after a bad beat

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tourney its middle stage of game bubble is still away you are holding 50bb stack suddenly a bad veat hapens and you came down to 12bb stack .. blinds and ante are very high.. how do you play then..??
Still wait for good cards or let the game go...

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
push /fold all-in with pocket pairs, AT>,jq,qk,kJ

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not changing until 10bbs then push fold

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never change your play because of luck, having said that after taking a beat in this situation I would look to pick up a decent hand or spot vs and aggressive raiser and reshove to begin building my stack back. With 12 bbs you still have a little bit of fold equity over an opener's raise. We should be looking to open shove or reshove at this point in the tournament with our stack size.

G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually tighten up after a bad beat for a few hands because sometimes people will play different thinking you might be tilting. Sometimes if I get a big hand ill try and play it like im on tilt hoping I have a hero at the table.

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a tourney its middle stage of game bubble is still away you are holding 50bb stack suddenly a bad veat hapens and you came down to 12bb stack .. blinds and ante are very high.. how do you play then..??
Still wait for good cards or let the game go...

We must take the risk. Trying to play an average hand. Maybe even a little bluff :)

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to dont catch a tilt and agressive play with strong hands)))))))

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a good and useful question we want discuses here!!! All of us lose down after bad beats, all of us regretted about one or another moving we did after bad crashed. However how to combat this regular bad habit???
I prefer think next way: you lose now, win another hand. Or this way: I lose half of stack, hm...but I still in the war. And so on.....

Imagine, if we can manage this problem, how many opportunities we get to win MTT ?

M

MidMoMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually tighten up after a bad beat for a few hands because sometimes people will play different thinking you might be tilting. Sometimes if I get a big hand ill try and play it like im on tilt hoping I have a hero at the table.

I agree with the comments above. I try to use the bad beat to advantage as the table will think your still hot and are not playing. It especially works well if I get a decent hand to play too.

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a bad beat people tends to call your shoves much more often, because they think you're shoving tilted with any hands. So i think that even when you become very short, it's better wait for a good spot and/or decent cards to shove.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all don't tilt and go all in with anything. With so small stack its hard to play and you will have to shove, but wait to a good position and cards that are good for that position.

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 12 bbs you still have a little bit of fold equity over an opener's raise. We should be looking to open shove or reshove at this point in the tournament with our stack size.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 12bb still have the opportunity to wait for a good cards . In an extreme case, play Allin, with the average card.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for good hands to 6BB and then you put on a push bot for 10BB and try to get in multi pot.

E

Eduardo Paez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should be aware that does not end the tournament and although it has few cards still can be recovered, you should not lose your head and consider not play a few of next hands until you regain confidence and be sure not to make a mistake that can leave out of the tournament

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 12bb still have the opportunity to wait for a good cards . In an extreme case, play Allin, with the average card.
Not really.

Lets say you have a stack of 1440, blinds are 60/120 w/o antes, and it's 9 handed. If you're on the button and you fold every hand for a full rotation, your stack drops down to 1260 or 10.5 BBs. That's pretty significant to drop from 12 BBs to 10 in just 9 hands.

If we add 10% antes or 12 chips, it's even more. For the same rotation, you're paying a total of 288 chips. If you folded every hand, you're down to 9.6 BBs.

So, no you don't have the opportunity to wait for good cards. The difference between 10 BBs and 12 BBs is so small, everything you would play/shove/call with 10 BBs, you should be doing the same for 12 BBs.

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Expect good hands , do not despair , losing is part of the game, even to gain experience

G

gustavoRORIZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
push /fold all-in with pocket pairs, AT>,jq,qk,kJ

I think that smaller pairs then 66 you may have problems.
Is very probably that you pay players with hands 2 cards overs.

Decreasing a little yr range you can find better scenarios with 80% equity.

Example: 77+ Vs K5s - 77+ Vs A6

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most start playing very aggressive and almost always left out of the tournament I think we should just play and not wanting to be benefit from as low as 55 or 22 pair my advice is just play and be able to rebuild his stack again

R

RealityOracle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If a bad beat leaves you with a short stack, you should have a short stack shove or fold strategy, with a range of hands that you will open shove with, and another range that you'll call off with. Look up push fold charts for info on what these hands should be, and when to shove with them.

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the bad beat. I usally dont go on tilt, but if its something like your boat vs quads I do tend to get a lil upset. Unfortunately I cant smoke my herb atm......this def helped me not really care about bad beats, and I think you no the reason for this.

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play with monster hands, and know fold at the right time, because if not, you go from bad to worse.

A

akademik pr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most start playing very aggressive and almost always left out of the tournament I think we should just play and not wanting to be benefit from as low as 55 or 22 pair my advice is just play and be able to rebuild his stack again
С 12bb можно на крайний случай или попробовать подождать или идти ол-ин

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not changing until 10bbs then push fold

lol jesus, swear the answers in this forum are getting worse by the day...

op you need chips, so do things to aquire chips, like shoving all in with a very wide range, calling shoves and 3betting your stack in and don't be afraid to take a flip or worse, you are basically screwed without at least one all in showdown.