how to play with absentees at the table

C

Caanroca23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes there are players in the majority of freerolls who are absent, they make us pay most hands just for stealing those blinds. but for trying to steal blinds they take us out of the tournament It would be best to steal those hands only with cards that definitely give us a game or you who believe?

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A classic, that's where the function of HUDs is, the thing is to identify who is more likely to steal those dead blinds, although in Freeroll everything is so uncertain, there is no entry value, therefore, everything will be given all in.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the thieves of the blinds do not let you play so much they raise, I am obliged to raise also and most of the time I lose

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to steal those blinds ahha

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great when you can pick up the blinds, but in the freerolls it can be dangerous. Lots of people will push all in to bully you off 60 chips in blinds.

I try to be cautious until I understand how the other players at the table are betting.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play with good cards and raise to get more chips from players who are absent in the game, I like when there are a lot of players on the table - there is no one and you can collect a great amount of chips for the further game in the tournament!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If they are absent maybe sometimes they get some hands, but they cannot watch the game, which means they cannot play efficiently and they cannot enjoy the game.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with the absent you have to be aggressive to steal all your blinds and so we can position ourselves better

RennMeister

RennMeister

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sometimes depends on what kind of session you are having. On a good day it’s easy to steal blinds from the inactive guys and on a bad day you might lose with AK or KK against them, which can get really frustrating after a while.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are absent maybe sometimes they get some hands, but they cannot watch the game, which means they cannot play efficiently and they cannot enjoy the game.

I do not understand folks who enroll in tournaments and do not play. I sometimes think that they believe they stand a chance or they forgot or they had something emergent come up. Anyway they should at least have the courtesy to unregister. There are also some who do not play due to their own beliefs until later in the game and for a short time, they are shown inactive. I once played with a poker online group that after so many hands of inactivity, they were eliminated from the competition. poker site Admins most obviously handling these people the way they see is necessary.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes there are players in the majority of freerolls who are absent, they make us pay most hands just for stealing those blinds. but for trying to steal blinds they take us out of the tournament It would be best to steal those hands only with cards that definitely give us a game or you who believe?

So I'm kind of lost as to exactly what the purpose of this post is? When you say "but for trying to steal blinds they take us out of the tournament" How can they take you out of the tournament? they are inactive if you are last to act and they are inactive behind you, you raise and they auto fold.... How can you lose to this?

It sometimes depends on what kind of session you are having. On a good day it’s easy to steal blinds from the inactive guys and on a bad day you might lose with AK or KK against them, which can get really frustrating after a while.

Again, Am I missing something here?? how on planet earth can you lose to an inactive player, they auto fold.........

I do not understand folks who enroll in tournaments and do not play. I sometimes think that they believe they stand a chance or they forgot or they had something emergent come up. Anyway they should at least have the courtesy to unregister. There are also some who do not play due to their own beliefs until later in the game and for a short time, they are shown inactive. I once played with a poker online group that after so many hands of inactivity, they were eliminated from the competition. Poker Site Admins most obviously handling these people the way they see is necessary.

A lot of times people sign up for tournaments days in advance and just forget they signed up for the tournament. I personally love this because it is dead money on the table! I don't understand why anything would need to be done to people who choose to be inactive... I mean it's just a benefit for the players that are active.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that starting a tournament is not worth the risk to steal the blinds, but as the blinds increase (if you want to win the tournament), you still have to do it !!!

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are 5-6 players not playing I will will raise each and every time. odds are I will Collect more free chips than loss a raise or 2

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these cases it is better to wait for a strong hand and then play hard to try to eliminate the fish players who only want to steal the blinds. Once these players are eliminated we can take advantage to take the blinds of the absent players or in the case that there are still other players, it allows us to play in a better way

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always wait patiently for strong cards. And I do not care if there are no players at the table. In any case, I always try to use the situation in my favor.

RennMeister

RennMeister

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Originally Posted by RennMeister

Again, Am I missing something here?? how on planet earth can you lose to an inactive player, they auto fold.........

This game has chewed me up and spit me out in so many ways. You wouldn't believe me unless you saw it with your own eyes.

I'm not using a HUD, so I can't recall the exact situation right now. However, it was during a multi-pot-all-in with only two or three big blinds left and the inactive guy ended-up winning. :boxing:

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have good pozition why not, i do it all time. and thinkin -"thank you man":rolleyes:

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens so often.. Its like you are forced to play more hands and open your range way more than usual. Matter of fact, sometimes when I stuck in a table, full of absentees and donkeys that will play 72, I even stay out myself in order to let the donks bust each other out. Many absentees in a freeroll is a recipe for bad beats, cause your opponents play any two cards.

My tips, would be to use your position, and dont raise from early with nothing just to steal blinds. Also beware of other players at the table how they play, how often they are stealing. Steal from the strealers often, but also play carefully, if the board is 39K7 and you have AK, if you see great resistance and the pot is getting abnormally big, procced with caution and dont assume you have the winning hand, unless you want to lose by a random two pair.

A

Alpha325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea what spaceman said. Let the available players battle. Its hard to sit and watch but you are saving chips. Than when the table is back finish em off. Easier said than done

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I min. raise when players are absent.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact it depends on your position related on the absentees.
If you are oop, you can wait for a call or raise from the players on your left. If you don't have nothing, it's better just check and call .a small bet or fold a big one.
If you have a really good hand, it's time to bet and wait for a call or raise from someone trying to resteal and get some value.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

totally agree with you. When everyone at the table is active, I reach farther in mtt tournaments than when I try to steal the blinds from the absent:D

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When this happens your lesser cards become stronger, in the later positons steal wit 3BB and 4BB raises.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch out just ramonling shoving as a quick pickup, I love the ones that suddenly pop in of course with AA or KK and pull a little bitch move like that. It should be if youre not sitting at the time of dealing then their is no jumping in.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
when that happens I am more selective and careful with the plays and more if the other players are pressing to get the chips of the absentees, I try to make my normal game but with more care