How often do you lose all ins with AK?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do you fall with AK if two+ went all-in?At a later stage of the tournament!(with equal stack)I personally can equalize one push,if (2+) I fall with a heavy heart.Most often this is the right decision)AK seems like a strong hand )
Is it possible to predict something, and sometimes it seems that you are playing roulette.Ace king 1301505

Attachments

• ace-king-1301505.jpg
    ace-king-1301505.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 65
Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if we're talking rly late i guess AK is solid rock, so i wouldn't be having any problems with shipping it, seems reasonable :)

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that this is the right decision. But there are different situations depending on the opponent, stacks at the table, stage and payments in the tournament. AK is a hand that has more preflop equity than postflop equity. This needs to be remembered and used in your game.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!!!for me these cards are premium hand!but I try to play them in a big Bank when they are single-breasted.the winning percentage is high with this hand, but again it is necessary to read the game, rivals, your position at the table!!!good luck!!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not think that with cards such as AK you play roulette. If you think so, then in my opinion you better not play poker. Without a doubt, AK is a strong card that needs a player's skill. If you lack skill, then this is not an AK problem.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the AK card is not worse than a high pocket pair. In rare cases, I give up on allin with this card if more than two take part in the allin.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I do not think that with cards such as AK you play roulette. If you think so, then in my opinion you better not play poker. Without a doubt, AK is a strong card that needs a player's skill. If you lack skill, then this is not an AK problem.

AK _This is a strong hand,but when one rises, and the other puts all,when players have average stacks,here my skills worked.KK-QQ if I made call, it would be a tape measure)hope that it will fall A

Last edited:
Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
I also often look with caution at AK in poker at a later stage. I call about 70% of calls, although this is most likely not correct. They often fail in the prefinal.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although AK very good, at times it is better to fold and go beyond the main goal

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
AK

Hello
I seenAK as a strong preflop to raise upto 10BB initially and later on in the tourney raise 4BB
After flop if you hit the board i go all in
If i dont hit anything than indo continuation bet like maybe 5BB to show i have a pair if i get called than i am worried
Finally if nothing falls on the board
I will fold to any raise
Thanks
Manoj (bluffzone68)

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is strong hand,but you should know how to play with this hand. Many players play very aggressively on the flop when they don't hit on it. If you play in multi pot and you don't hit on the flop,you should to play more careful and don't lose many chips.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation and the players, three way all in deep your normally facing atleast one person with JJ+ AQs+ maybe even QQ+ but often you find yourself pot committed with the AK after a three or four bet pot depending on your positions so its always hard to fold.

Post flop is where this hand gets complicated.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with this hand, I prefer to increase aggression preflop, but already if the board is very bad for me, just think about whether to go to the end with AK and how I am ahead of my opponents with this hand or far behind

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you know it's a crappy hand when the flop doesn't hit it. Half of the time I fold it along the way.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at an early stage in a tournament game, if in a game 2 or 3 people play all-in, I often drop such cards because there is little chance that my AK card will win, but at the later stage of the tournament I play - all-in on such a card and even if the game has 2 or 3 players!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that this is the right decision. But there are different situations depending on the opponent, stacks at the table, stage and payments in the tournament. AK is a hand that has more preflop equity than postflop equity. This needs to be remembered and used in your game.

This is a good statement unless of course you hit post flop.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you wanna isolate and get head's up

otherwise your percentages of 70 percent winning goes down to 50, 30..... et cetera

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this AK hand, but unfortunately with it I recently suffered a lot of defeats at the table. I sit and think about love for this hand now))))))

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at an early stage in a tournament game, if in a game 2 or 3 people play all-in, I often drop such cards because there is little chance that my AK card will win, but at the later stage of the tournament I play - all-in on such a card and even if the game has 2 or 3 players!
You are right Vova. this hand is much better in the late stages and late positions and when no more than 2 people entered the bank

ashtonhilton

ashtonhilton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to fold this,its too risky for me ;)
Better try to survive in late-game,if two+ went all-in - its can be not enought...What if you will not hit the board?

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a good hand but it is often overvalued. I don't like getting all in with ace-king especially late in a tournament if I am going to be covered by the caller. It depends if I'm late in the tournament and low on ships this may be the hand that I do shove with. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't always shove all-in with AK.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in with ak a lot. Probably not one of my strong points I must admit. When I play live, I tend to raise 5x to try to get most to fold. Doesn't work every time. Sometimes it seems like I get more callers the bigger I raise. I like ace king about as much as I dislike ace king if that makes any sense.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 30% to 40%. I tend to play them more later in the tournaments.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to my statistics, I lose 30% of AK hands (including fold preflop), this is a happy hand for me and with AK I win more than 20% than I should have (according to AI Equity).