How many tournaments do you play a day and if you get tired what do you do?

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to see from the answers how I can manage my playing time.:)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from 2 to 6 tournaments depending on how long they last. After all, the longer the distance, the more difficult it is to recover. If I get tired I wash my face with cool water doing exercises for the neck, eyes and hands.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on few things. First not all the tourneys I play regular, daily basis, I really do not like to play on Saturdays, compensate it, usually I play more on Sundays.
However, generally in a regular day, I have 20-30 potential tourneys, what I think, I will register for. However it depends on the first 4-5, as I don't like to play more than 5 tourneys in the same time. If those are going well, I play less tourneys, in that case 8-10. If I relegate early, mid or just catching the money phase, then I register more, that case it can be 15-20. In a normal poker day, lets say, I play around 12 tourneys. It takes around 12-16 hours.
When I get tired, I change position, watch some movie what refreshes me, drink coffee, smoke cigarette, go out from the house for fresh air, sometimes, if I am okay with stacks on all tourneys, I sit out and take longer breaks for 10-15 minutes including the normal 5 min breaks.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your willingness to play poker. You need to be as relaxed as possible. I may not play for a few days, but then suddenly take part in 3 tournaments in one day.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take my poker game seriously and I work very hard to dedicate time to study and play every week.

I work a full time job from 8am-5pm monday-friday and so I generally play in the evening during the weekday and anywhere from about 6-10 games a night. On Sundays I load up about 20+ tournaments throughout the course of one day. All in all my monthly average is 150-200 games per month. No I do not get tired of what i do, I love the game and I love the challenge.

Just a side note for any of you looking to take poker a little more seriously, if you are going to be a tournament grinder - you will need to play at least around 100 games per month to help fade variance. Most folks have no idea it takes this much - i used to be one of them - so if I can pass the information along to be helpful, I am more than willing.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play around 4 tournaments on average a day. As a recreational poker player I don't play too much as tired and fatigue happens to me often.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For MTTs, I late reg and only play about 3 - 5 per day. :)

When I'm not feeling like I want to play, I'll usually read instead. :)

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the optimal and really good option for long gaming sessions is 2 large simultaneous mtts that last 4-6 hours. If you play a cash game, it's 3-4 hours maximum. Sit&go 3-4 hours, because these are very fast tournaments with good prizes, but not small buy-ins. it is impossible to win every sit&go tournament, but you can lose a lot in a long time at the computer. If you are tired or do not enjoy the game process, you must close the poker for the current day. I think this is the main rule for saving your bank. During long tournaments, to be in good shape, you need to constantly breathe fresh air, which is great for concentration and active brain work. Good light is also a must. You only need to play while sitting, never play in bed or lying down. Another good tip is to eat something when you play, it's a great help to have focus during the game.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play only one tournament a day when its possible and try to have a good rest before it so I wont get tired, If it is a freeroll tournament and get tired for some reason I simply sit out for some time and sit again after I eat something or wash my face to continue playing :D Regards.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many tournaments do I play a day what do I do if I get tired

As far as tournaments I try to play between two and five tournaments a day I love that depends on how long determines I play in our lasting the longer the tournament the better my chances of winning and the more money I make that just makes playing a sense to me. If I get tired try to close my eyes and just meditate and think for a minute or two and just hunker down and dig in.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average, I play 3-4 tournaments a day. And the condition depends on the course of a given tournament. If I do well, I don't feel tired, when the game is not going well, it is worse.

L

LiubomyrS

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rock Star

I play 2 to 4 tournaments a day and when I get tired I do a workout.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play MTT's I like to play 2 to 3 at a time and if I bust out early I'll play more, up to about 6 in a day. When I run deep in an MTT and its taking a lot longer than expected I don't get tired. To much adrenaline running when I make the final table. When I don't have time to commit to playing for a long time I play SN&G and sometimes cash.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The maximum I play is 6 because I like to be watching all the tables, so I am until I have no table to take a break and open another 6 tournaments and end my day, in case of playing freerolls I play them but normally I am not aware of unless it is in a very good position , I listen to music during tournaments so it doesn't get boring:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, on average, I play 2-3 tournaments a day, about 3-4 hours a day. If I get tired I take a break for a few days. But mostly I take a break once a month.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take yourself a day off. You must have an activity that you enjoy doing. It is likely that if you grind tables, then you do it for some reason, for example, to not work on a regular job. Even if you have sinned, calling the game "work", then the game has one feature, because of which you should never return to the tables: when you are tired and do not like your work, but come to work because you need doing a day's work - you get paid for those tortured hours (and I doubt it is fair in this context).
However, when you are tired and do not like the game, but sit down at the tables, because you need to play n-hands a day, you do not get a fixed fee (you can forget about your $ / hour - it can be very different when you are out of shape ), or some extra allowance for the fact that you "did sit down." Many people know that in the absence of motivation, making a decision is not a pleasant business. In general, you lose money by not sitting at the table, but you risk losing even more if you do.

V

Vgs0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually one but if its more never been bored for poker

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the the length of time it takes to play one, I do anywhere from 3-6+ tournaments in a day.

I have a set time, when I quit, and won't start a tourney after that time passes.
If you play constantly, all day, with no breaks, you're headed for poker disaster. You need to take a break, in order to stay fresh, both physically, and mentally.

L

lukyace48

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker tournament at least 2 every day

I play at least 2 tournaments day . Also play slot of sit and go's . I play about 6-7 hrs aday. When I get tired I stop for awhile

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play anywhere from 3 to 6 tables at a time, so on average about 15-20 MTTs a day.

I go through enough coffee to kill a small child a day, and therefore never get tired :p

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I only play tournaments that are free, so about 8 tournaments:):):)

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I play differently, sometimes several tournaments a day, not a single day on another day. It all depends on how much time I have and whether I feel like playing and I'm not too tired. I never play "because I have to", I play for fun in the time spent, then you can make a profit backwards. I play best when I have a lot of snacks, drinks and music.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of tournaments and if i get tired i stop i watch movie or i go to sleep

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
Since poker is not the main source of income, but rather a hobby that brings some profit, then I have a main job that takes 10 hours a day.
So you can't play too much.
In the evenings I can launch 3-4 tournaments, and on weekends I can load 10 tournaments, maybe more.
Naturally, on weekdays, after the main work you feel tired and a good session is sometimes difficult to skate.
On weekends I sleep off and I can grind at nights :D:D:D