How many hands do you play?

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't stand this anymore. I really just want to throw my pc off the window!!! How many bots are playing in pokerstars? I am just sitting there for 3 hours now and can't have a normal hand to play while a player is sitting out for about 20 minutes. He just enters the game, first hand A-A wins with pair, second hand J-J wins with pair, third hand J-10 wins with flush and he just goes 30,000 chips in 3 minutes while I am barely trying to keep myself in the tour.

And I am just wtf?? I have been starving for a good hand to play.:mad::mad:

How many hands do you usually play guys? Am I really that unlucky?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 124
R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were unlucky not to get more playable hands in whatever tournament you were in. With that being said i play about 15% of hands maybe 20% if the table isnt getting much action. I think if you stick to the top 15% hands you should be fine. Sometimes you get the cards and sometimes you are struggling to get a decent hand. Its all about luck in poker and of course odd's, but yeah 15% of hands i play and they are the top hands.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothong is safe in poker not even pocket AA. and sum sitters always get too lucky with their bs hands:eek:

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play too many hands, you won't have enough chips when you get a good hand. You are playing too many hands.

S

slicknick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play based on position with suited cards if i can

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see, most of my games go like this. If I stay out for a long time BB takes my chips but I can't play with 8-4 or 2-7 or 3-K etc like others do(and they win in the end) :mad:

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently play too many hands because I am playing the on demand freerolls on ACR and you have to build a stack and get lucky to make it anywhere. If the levels are slower and more fair and you have money invested in the tournament I admittedly would play differently. I will play K3 suited unlike marinade23 because I like the hand. It may be wrong but if it feels right I will take a chance on it. Generally play position and if you don't get hands you might blind down to 20-30BB but that's how it goes... Then you wait and shove, and that's just sometimes how poker goes. It's why you cant expect to cash more than 10% of the time.

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not unlucky, just he was more lucky)
P.S I do not play too many hands in the beginning.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my mind, it depends on really good luck, so that time you was without "luck", don't worry, next time ''luck'' will be yours!

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's interesting how long we remember the times we were unlucky, but how easily we forget the times we sucked out on others...

S

SpeedBump621

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on in a large MTT i'll play as few as 12% of hands especially if I'm multi-tabling. Pretty tight and aggressive.

As time passes and i get an understanding of the players around me I can play 35% of hands easily.

It's more about exploiting opportunities that you've noticed.

I'm an American and when it was legal I played tons of poker on PS. Lots of multi-tabling MTT's at the $25 and below levels (lots of SnG's also).

I promise you that if you are simply tight and aggressive throughout most of the tourney and "change gears" once in a while you'll be profitable at MTT's. It's kinda boring to most but it is effective.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're unlucky, there are bad days and good days, I have my hand range formed for each table position, and for every X chips I have (bbs 10/20/30) when I am in some positions that this Delaying to come cards from the range, I force a bluff, because my image on the table pass that I am a solid player, and that makes me maintain the stack.

Reanalysis your range of positions, maybe it will help you to see this situation better.

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't have to get lucky to finish ITM, even on freerolls. You don't play more hands, you play good hands. You can play weaker hands in late position when you don't have raisers ahead of you, but don't play it like it's a week hand. Patience, discipline and consistency will get you a lot further than luck will.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On average, I watch 20-25%, but there are tournaments where I look no more than 12-15% !!! It all depends on the opponents at the table, and on the fact that such cards are handed to you !!!

K

KarlAbbott01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play tight and having little hands to play with isn't a bad thing, sometimes you do have to play aggressive on a hand if the table allows it.

S

SpeedBump621

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're unlucky, there are bad days and good days, I have my hand range formed for each table position, and for every X chips I have (bbs 10/20/30) when I am in some positions that this Delaying to come cards from the range, I force a bluff, because my image on the table pass that I am a solid player, and that makes me maintain the stack.

Reanalysis your range of positions, maybe it will help you to see this situation better.
Oh this is a great point! Take some time to understand what hands are most likely the best at certain positions when the pot has yet to be opened. This is pretty standard for anyone who aspires to profit playing poker:) It also takes a bit of work to understand at first. Just make a chart and keep it with you while you play and before you know it....You'll know it like the back of your hand.

J

Jimmy Crane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play tight early on, about 15% of hands. As I approach the bubble, I begin to get a little more aggressive at about 30% of hands.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play based on my mood but normally im tight.i play less then 20 hands

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
you played 23% which is on a looser side. A lot of regs play 15-18% in early game.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on many-many things (opponents, position, type of tournament etc). Play different ones to see how it works from case to case.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When its not your day, its not your day. It wont become one by playing more. That is one of the first rules I have realized and am following.
Just take a day off. Try tomorrow or later, and one day or another it will become better, I promise :)

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have good days and bad days. I think that the best advice you can take away is build playable hand ranges by position and stick to them. Personally I would say take a look at upswing poker. You can sign up for free and get the preflop strategy. In there is a really good set of preflop hand ranges by position. Using those or tayloring them slight to fit your style will probably help.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already resigned myself to this situation in tournaments, I began to play sometimes and on a small map, too, sometimes an excellent fine map plays, but not always and not every hand, as some players play all-in on cards 28--95--93- -67, I also play on small cards but not all cards go all-in

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not the best person to help really as it looks like you are feeling tilt. The only thing IMHO is to resist the tilt plays when in position and resist any play out of position.

For me it goes something like this.

BB any raise fold. No matter what cards even AA
SB call up to 2 BB no more does not matter what cards you have.
Button. call only KK QQ JJ 8,10 7,9 raise to max 3BB on 22,33,44,55. That's it.
Cutoff if anyone is sitting out raise to 2BB, cards don't matter. If anyone is allin FOLD

Also if anyone is allin with less than 1/3 of your chips call on any cards. It is coin flip.

Good luck.
note: don't play like me, I do not know what I'm doing and you will send me bad notes if you lose. If you win it will be your idea and your good play :p

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not go in all the hands, it will always play much more

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands