How many days should we play poker tournament?

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play poker tournaments daily and I got so addictive.

If there is no tournament on a day then I became so impatient.

Sometime when I play daily tournament I feel so bored and play every bad hand and got beat.

So, how I should play poker and how many days in a week?

So that I always feels passionate and play good poker.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staying passionate and good about your game is seperate to the addiction factor. You can stick to 2-3 tournaments daily that have the same structure so that you can build a good strategy on them.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody has different poker mind sets. Whether you impatient or bored you need to balance your games and space out doing other things away from poker and then play another day all refreshed and ready to be sharp and alert for next game so that you don't feel bored. Then there are some who play daily and can handle the game with a clear mindset.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to play every single day. You only need to check if you are not losing too much money ;)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is another question that will come down to personality, how mentally fit you are, your lifestyle, etc. but I have found that unless this is your full time and you are a winning player playing full time, you should restrict the amount you play. It will keeper you fresher, will keep up your desire for the game, will give your mind time to study away from the table, and will generally make you happier overall. During the lockdown I was playing 8-9 hours a day and it was fun for a while and then I got tired of poker to be honest. I still have not got my job back so I still have all day but have cut my playing down to normally 3-4 hours a day and am very happy with it. I cant wait to play now and also feel like I am playing better (maybe I am just getting more lucky lately). I also have an easier time handling bad days and bad beats playing less per day. When you play all day everyday, that is your life so when poker is not going good, you are not going good. When you play a few hours a day you are doing other things so a bad poker day gets shrugged off easier. Again, everyone will be different on this front so I suggest experimenting with playing different amounts but I can say I am happier playing a few hours a day instead of basically playing full time.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. For someone who just loves the game and likes to play recreationally - any amount seems just fine in a day. Depends what your schedule, bankroll and time management allows. Just be sure not to burn yourself out.

If you are interested in taking the game seriously you should look into possibly playing around 40-60 tournaments per month dividing them amongst your allotted time. This will be a decenf sizing which will help with some of the variance and give you an idea of what tournament poker is like should you decide to take it more seriously.

For those who are taking the game seriously and interested in attempting to make some form of income from it - you will need to play 100+ tournaments per month to help overcome variance. Volume and game selection are key - along with good solid play of course. All depends what your daily life entails as to how many games you can play per day.

I personally work a 5 day full time job - on most week nights I play from 8-10 tournaments near the top of my buy in range with the best guarantee pools - generally across or 4 platforms - don't play many Saturdays and Sundays i tend to play 20-25 games or more sometimes. At the end of the month I play between 175 - 200 tournaments and do decently well. Another big part of taking this game seriously will be finding some good time and resources for study - you are going to want to put in the work to stay sharp, stay evolving and sewing up any leaks you still may have. I personally study about 3 nights a week for 2-4 hours each night. That does not include running games while studying - takes the focus away and defeats the purpose.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you and any others who may get something out of this

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends.

If you have a huge ROI then the more you play, the more you win.

If you are barely winning or a losing player you should only play in your free time and hope to get lucky and bink a nice win in the short run.

Definitely take some time and figure out your reason for playing and then decide your best way forward - do you want to turn poker into a career, a side gig to make some extra money, are you just looking for entertainment?

Good luck! :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How can there "be no tournament on a day?" online poker tournaments run 24 hours a day 365 days a year on a number of different sites. As others have said, how much to play is a very personal question. If you are only playing for fun, then poker is basically a way to kill time and should probably be limited just like any other similar activities.

If you are playing for profit but not as a full time professional, you need to put in some volume. But there is still no reason to force the issue. If for whatever reason you dont enjoy playing, then just stop the session early. Might be due to running bad, getting tired, whatever. Also in general for most people it makes sense to play more, when they are on a heater, and study more when they are in a downswing.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you start feeling bored, just get away from a while and then come back. You really need a solid mindset when you are playing poker, and you should leave the table as soon as you realize you are losing it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play when you feel like it. There is no reason to play when you dont want to.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use your free time to relax and learn something new. Go out for a walk with friends.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's your choice how much you play...I play when I have free time...Make a schedule for yourself and stick to it...

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play poker tournaments daily and I got so addictive.

Sometime when I play daily tournament I feel so bored and play every bad hand and got beat.

So, how I should play poker and how many days in a week?

So that I always feels passionate and play good poker.
you need to approach this with a professional approach. Professionals do not have such a thing that they do not rest, because they know how much the quality of the game decreases if they do not rest. And even tilt can appear, so they don't joke with such things.