How important is patience ?

K

knightwatch32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you keep a solid mindset for the duration of a tournament?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Patience is the #1 thing to being successful at poker. Having an understanding of variance, luck, most likely outcomes and the big picture helps me with my mindset.

Here's a great video I made on these topics, hope you'll find they help!

This one's pretty fun too for long run motivation

Cheers!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not going to have a whole lot of success without patience. Have to pick you're places, where ever that might be. Finding those will define the skill in this game.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not have any patience be kind to your bankroll and give up playing poker. Patience is number one.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience

Patience is #1 by far. But also knowing when to pull the trigger and not underplaying your hand. There is nor sure fire way to guarantee winning, but giving yourself the best opprotunities when the time arises is key. Some hands its just best to live to see another hand, I have learned to fold AA in a heartbeat when the writing is on the wall.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before poker, I tried to be calm and calm. At first it was very difficult to keep calm during the game, but now I have achieved some success and try to analyze a lot after the game.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and a little effort in all things. It should be laid down from childhood.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is the most important and most difficult moment in poker

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is key in both cash and tournament. Cash more so, as the blinds don't change and is a lot less variance.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus patience not to care much about the bad but there are several factors that can harm it our emotional does not help if you are angry or stressed nothing will work

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Merry christmas friend
I get fasted 6 hours before the tournament and if I get hungry like bread and drink some water to keep the thoughts pure and better understand the players' actions during the tournament.:icon_sant

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Molly can help if used in small doses.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still believe whether you have to learn it or it comes naturally that patience is the most important skill to acquire if you want to be profitable in the game of poker.

You have to be able to pick your spots because no table will allow you to win every pot, especially true in 2019 poker.

The gripsed vids ITT are a good place to start if its something you are struggling with at the tables

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very simple.
It becomes necessary to provide comfortable working space, monitor, and configure it so your eyes don't hurt, comfortable chair to not have numb feet and my back did not ache not to fidget on it every five minutes.
While playing poker, all other programs, forums, chats, social networks, only poker should be disabled. Nothing in your room should distract you from poker.
Warn your relatives not to distract you while playing poker.
To prepare in advance a supply of food, taking into account not to run to the bathroom )).

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sometimes I tune in before a tournament. But rarely helps. The mood comes during the tournament. If you manage to collect a lot of chips, then you can build the game from their mass. I often bluff and put pressure on those who have few chips. Gradually, the number of chips grows and you can count on getting into the prizes.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the key in poker in both the format i.e. cash game as well as in tournaments

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have noticed that patience directly affects my results. And I think patience is a key skill of a successful player.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Most online poker players ... we know that when playing tournaments we must prepare mentally to spend hours playing a tournament in which there will possibly be times when we hardly see any action ... So "Patience" It will be our best ally ...!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate,patience is the most important thing in poker along with bankroll management.Without both ,you won´t be able to become a profitable player.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find patience to play good hands helps me get far in tournaments, but admittedly, I think players who play a bit more aggressively have a tendency to win more often.

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is important for victory, but not too much of it, as the blind will eventually consume our reserves ... :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I maintain my patient mindset during a tournament by looking at the prizepool and payouts.

My motivation is to get first place!

When I want to call a shortstack shove with my marginal hand I remind myself that I need to get to the final table.

Good luck !

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many others have said patience is very important .... you should always have a reason for what you do ... as in not let yourself just do something stupid because you have become bored, or more simply just to stay focused on what you are doing ... do I pull this off every time .. not even close ... it is something to be worked on and you should always ask yourself ... what is the reason I am making this play .... boredom may be a reason but it's not a good one, and lack of patience will not serve you well .... as far as what helps you to stay focused, so you can hold onto that patience ?? .... I imagine if every member was asked, most would come up with the answer that works for them, and most of those reasons would be different than for others, so you have to stop and figure that one out first ... so that is the real question there ....at least imo ....

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the most important thing in poker.
If you dont have patience you dont play poker well because you will play hands that you didnt need to play.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I like to play some music and disconnectme from all social networks, that helps me a lot to play concentrated.