Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had won my first $109 ticket in a Cardschat freeroll :)
Late reg is 12 level of 20 minutes = 4 hour ....
I'm already registered... :joyman:
How you handle such long late reg?
Do you wait to register just before end of late reg?
It is a 1 re-entry tournament,
but I did not have $ or other ticket to be able to re-entry...
:rolleyes: :confused:

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I would play as soon as possible to get more chips so when you get a "newcomer" with a starting stack you'll have him coverd 2-4 timers.
Well later reg and re-entry is not the same =) If the MTT has "unlimited rebuys untill the end of leate reg" than... yeah, it's bad =( You will have shove fest for the 1 hour. But if it's no or 1-2... rebuys I gues you play like always... you'll just have more shortstacks

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite many people use the late ReGet they reach the fizetöshejet in a relatively shorter period of time

K

karakonjel1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion you should play agressive untill the
late reg is over

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are allowed to late register I would if after the 4 hours you are still going to have a decent amount of chips to work with, which with 20 minute levels sounds like you would. It would also depend on how serious you are about the game and what you want out of it. Me personally, I play the Micro Thousand on ACR which has a 5 hour late registration and I usually register as late as possible because the 5 hours usually ends up being about 5 and a half hours with breaks.

B

bosko277

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion you should play agressive untill the
late reg is over

I can't agree with this at all, because a lot players who have money for rebuy will call with a wide range, meaning they will win a decent amount of hands if you also attack with a wide range.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't agree with this at all, because a lot players who have money for rebuy will call with a wide range, meaning they will win a decent amount of hands if you also attack with a wide range.

this 100%

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it just depends on how long you want to be sitting there. Unless if you run cold, you will have an advantage by playing the early rounds. It probably won't be a huge advantage though.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how lucky you are feeling. Late registration works great as long as you're getting reasonable cards and reasonable luck. Unfortunately I find the latter hard to come by. Registered late in a tourney a few days ago. Was moving up quite nicely till I went all-in with a monster (KK) pre-flop against one other player who crushed me with JJ. I lose those 4:1 favorites 4 out of 5 times.

Still, I'd rather take that chance after 30 mins, rather than waiting 4 hrs 30 mins, and either blind out or just lose to a bad turn of luck anyway.

You NEED to have good luck to go far in any tourney.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would play from the start-i think late regging when the blinds are so high just adds uneeded pressure on yourself -by playing from start you have a decent chance of doubling up or better-late regging and waiting for a decent hand to play back seems like its luck dependant-one mistake at those blind levels could cost you heavily at least at lower blinds you still can recover somewhat

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
thank you all :)
I will play it from the start :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is an opportunity to give up the game and keep the ticket in a month. I did. I looked like a play there and then checked in.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally fall in the middle. I don't like playing 10/20. I would rather come in at 50/100. However, I don't like coming in at the end of reg where the blinds are putting pressure on me. I would find a sweet spot in the middle.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like playing from the start. This isn't a popular choice, but my theory is that the more hands I am able to play, the more opportunity I have to chip up. It is an investment of time though, because you are usually coming in significantly before you need too. The later you come in though the more crucial your initial decisions become. If you make a mistake and lose blinds you can put a lot of unnecessary pressure on yourself.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing from the start is the right decision I think especially on this kind of touney where the buy-in is medium or large , you want find any crazy players , so play in early tight and you will get some sweet double ups haha it will help you lately

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you late register you could be eliminated soon if you don't get any good cards.

S

SHAEH2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in 109 dollar tourny ... i think people play a little more sanely...so the early bird will have a bigger share of worms...

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good question! But it depends on the style of each player and the target that you have for the tournament!

1) If you have the intention of winning the tournament and you have a lot of patient and time and play tight agressive you should play since the beginning to accumulate more chips and with less dependance of variance and lucky and with more chance to have a good stack close to the bubble and for the final period!

2) If you have the intention of finising ITM and convert the ticket in real money (normally at least 2X the value of the ticket) and also you do not have so much patience and time so you should register in the end of Late Registration period and then you should play tight only in the beginning to shove in good spots and with good hands to double but with the blinds already high maybe soon you will have to become much more agressive than usual and less selective and depending a little of lucky but you will be very close to the bubble to ITM!!

I personally like to play short-stack and usually chose the second option and I have a good success on it to increase my bank-roll since I finish ITM in a good percentage of the times!

After your experience using this very good ticket of $109 please provide your comments here about it, ok?:)

I had won my first $109 ticket in a Cardschat freeroll :)
Late reg is 12 level of 20 minutes = 4 hour ....
I'm already registered... :joyman:
How you handle such long late reg?
Do you wait to register just before end of late reg?
It is a 1 re-entry tournament,
but I did not have $ or other ticket to be able to re-entry...
:rolleyes: :confused:

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 hours of reg ima late reg with 1 hour left unless its a turbo turbo usally dont go 4 hours gooder luck

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to handle 4-hour late reg -- is to not reg it for first 3 hours))) but... Else you may play it like simple tourney with more people registered. Simply the bubble will come only after some time passing after the end of reg.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got a question in witch freeroll did you get the ticket?

A

Alex Kleinman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 or 1 hours or maybe do the 4. I mean if you can do the 4 you can handle anything lol.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands