How to finish Heads up SNG games

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get the villain down to a few big blinds but i find it hard to finish the game off. Especially if im dealt rubbish cards. For example i have just played one and i got him down to a few big blinds 6 times! Admittedly the first time he outdrew me but the other times i couldnt call all ins with a 4 9. Luckily on the 6th time i killed the game off and won it.
Perhaps in not aggressive enough, how do you finish games off in this scenario?

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly this is something im in the process of learning and i think it massively depends on how the other player is, sometimes you get a player who will want to constantly see the flop as cheap as possible cause they want to take no risks, then you have others who will only fold or 3x-All-in pre-flop in any hand they play, once you know how they play you can adjust how aggressive and strong hand you need to play against them.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If at the end you get rubbish do not throw it out, try to catch the chance of a street or a flash.
These hands should be played aggressively especially if your stack is no more than 10 big blinds.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are down to a few blinds you probably should be using Nash
ie with 4bbs effective shove 22,A2,K2,Q2,J2,T5,T2s,96,93s,86,84s,76,74s,64s,53s
with 4bbs effective call 22,A2,K2,Q2,J2,T5,T2s,96,94s,86,84s,76,74s,64s,53s

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very aggressive game all hands always raising

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm not an expert in HU, but many times in the HU we do not get those good or high cards that you want, and they give us low cards in all hands, when that happens to me I just try to be more aggressive but always being very careful, and having a good reading of my opponent, how aggressive it is, to know a deceleration of which are the cards he plays, is can help you decide how to play that HU

Top 10 Games