How do you start aggressive, passive MTTs?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT tournaments are very long in game time. Now how can we play them and try to reach the goal of reaching the final table or winning the tournament. How would you play this kind of tournament to get to the final table or win it?

K

koXhunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tem very seriously , try to clear my minds and focus and wish for luck and also i play very aggressive

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At First, I pay attention to the players sitting next to me.
If most of them have passive games, I will be aggressive. I bet with more range and use my position for lot of bluff.
If most of them are aggressive, I try to play more carefully. Knowing the players is very important and determines the type of game you play.

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to able to adapt your strategy to the dynamics of any given table. Even the dynamics of your own table will change as players come and go.

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First stages of the tournanent play tight only premium hands and good position play. ( keep in mind noone has ever won a tournanent from the early stages, but many have lost it). all this until the antes start. then you can open your range more and more. keep good position as stealing blinds will amount to a good amount of chips. get more aggressive as you approach the bubble. because some will be satisfied with a min-cash. so they are more willing to muck their hands. sometimes even premium hands. with that said, dont go aggro-maniac style and risk your stack in the process. once in the final table adjust to your opponents and their chip count. look at the pay chart and decide if its worth to go for first place or its more profitable to wait till the smaller stacks are eliminated and adjust your playing style (aggressive or moderate aggression). playing nitt style can have you easily expoited by the rest of the players imo. unless you have the absolute nuts try alot of pot control even of you think you have a hand good enough to jam and be patient.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play knockout tournaments, have to play loose-aggressive, how is it optimal for me, or am I wrong?