• Start date
M

Mohamed reda bouzzroud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everyone!

I'm here to ask you all about how you play hyper-turbo tournaments. I find it quite hard to keep up with the blind level fast pace, especially in the beginning of the tournament. and I am wondering how experienced players deal with that. Other than that I am good at normal tournaments, I made it to the final table on cardschat freeroll tourney last thursday.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats on your final table appearance
hope you make many more

the way I play a hyper turbo tournament is.....
I loosen up, there's no time to wait for premium hands
I play more K Q J high hands then I would in a normal tournament
I also play suited connecters and small pairs I would probably fold in a regular tournament
it seems to work , I'm not sure ?
good luck
hyper turbos are fun

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super aggressive

i play quite a few and agree you need to play very aggressively - and ueah on the button particalur aggressive. if you get big stack prepare to chase smaller stacks - and allins.
1) you will likely have the odds in your favour or 50/50
2) you can loose and still be in game

in hyper people play basically any hand allin - so you need to utilize your stack and position. especially first few hands players just go all in so unless you got a very strong hand just avoid play or preferable go up against one player especially if the player just been allin one or two times.

but the beginning is likely a bit more luck dependent than regular tpurnaments

good luck

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like them. Very little time for complete boredom. For me colored cards become premium cards. Force out the short stacks. And before you know it you'll be at the final table.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments this mode are played more aggressively to get tokens, you have to increase the range of hands you play, you have to steal more, and take more risks than in a normal tournament.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should be more experienced to Play hyper Turbos because Position, stack sizes, ranges,... are more important than in regular Speed or Turbo tournaments.
they are usally 6 handed so blinds are coming faster.

For me they give a nice Variety to regular tournaments. only 30min late reg and after 1hour you are in the Money. final table is usally after 2-3 Hours depending on the entrants.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to study ranges and equity. Understand which hands are good shoving hands with a decent amount of equity because you can not wait for premiums.

When you know how to shove +EV then they could become profitable, but they will always be high variance.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the only right strategy for playing hyper-turbo tournaments is to do an all inn and hope for good luck. There is no time to wait for a premium hand, very often I have to make an all inn on a simply playable hand. Hyper-turbo tournaments are such a discipline in poker in which skill plays a role only in the late stages of the tournament, and when you have a good stack. In the remaining stages of the tournament, you often have to take risks and hope for luck.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is important to play with a wider range of hands, go a lot more all in and know how to explore the tightest players