najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,
I would like to have your opinion please:
UTG is a loser player who raises all the time and he is a shipleader, he raises the equivalent of 1/3 of my stack, I'm in position with AJs, what are you doing in my place, I know that most of between you will tell me that you push allin, but I really wanted to stay in the tournament so I folded but I regretted, knowing that calling will cost me a third of my stack and I will be forced to do allin postflop, difficult situation,
what will your action be in this situation? and why ?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,
UTG is a loser player who raises all the time and he is a shipleader, he raises the equivalent of 1/3 of my stack, I'm in position with AJs, what are you doing in my place, I know that most of between you will tell me that you push allin, but I really wanted to stay in the tournament so I folded but I regretted, knowing that calling will cost me a third of my stack and I will be forced to do allin postflop, difficult situation,

Thank U 4 Posting.

If all you wanted to do was stay in the tournament then you did exactly what you should do fold every hand when this player makes big bets before you. Again based on your desire to only stay in the tournament.

It would be possible for you to call the raise have 2/3 of your stack left then fold if you do not hit your hand. By not hit what I mean is -2 pair plus to call not just an A as we lose to AQ AK and smaller two pair hands. That way you could stay in the tournament and have the chance to get more chips as well. Again this is based on your desire to stay in the tournament not on what the equity positive play is in this situation.

Some tips that may help you get more specific answers. You may wish to include this data when you post.

1 how close to the cash were you at this time? 10 players from the money 60 from the money? In the money? On the final table?
2 what was your stack compared to the field? 59th of 60 or 12th of 60 etc.
3 1/3 of stack was how many bbs. 3bb raise 9bb stack or 9bb raise 27bb stack etc.

The reason for the above data

10 from the money and I need the min cash to keep playing I fold AJ

60 from the money I shove as my range is a head of the villain's range as described by you.
(Have you studied using ranges to clarify these spots?)

On the final table when I am 3rd in chips and I can ladder up easily and each pay jump is very important to my bankroll. I will fold to the chip leader for 1/3 of my stack because of ICM considerations.
(ICM refers to Independent Chip Model have you studied that?)

Just having min cashed the tournament and I am in the bottom 50% of players left based on my stack size. I shove this hand.
1 I am ahead of V's range
2 V may fold to my shove as they were just trying to steal the blinds

Hope this helps

:):)

I

Isildurrr696969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to 3 bet AJ and AQ in position dont like to give a guy with 88 or something cheap flop put pressure on i like to 3.5 to 4 x anything smaller most willl flat call.

I

Isildurrr696969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but stack size around 20 bb i shove rather then 3 bet or fold

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You either take off the cross or put on your panties. If you really wanted to stay in the tournament, you folded right. You didn't say anything about blinds. You may already be in a push-fold position and it’s hard to imagine a better pushing situation. Calling would be a clear mistake.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blinds? effective stacks? why is 'staying in the mtt' important?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJs Play

In Position, if there is a raiser and pot odds are good, I will call.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I don't like this hand very much. She seems strong,but often loses. Most often, a raise is made with a pair or AK, AQ, so AJ is behind. In most cases, I fold this hand in response to a big raise. But I just don't like to take risks, and sometimes you need to do it to achieve more. In addition, the decision is influenced by many other factors,this has already been written above.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with this card I go re-raise or all-in if there are less than 3 big blinds left! in other cases I discard at the slightest danger

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had a desire not to get into conflict and save your chips for further play, then you did the right thing. Although I would try to compete and beat the impudent player out of the game.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends , but it is a good hand and raise or all in.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Good day!
Always all-in, unless before ITM there is no man left with a stack less than you.
I would do this 100 times out of 100 against such an aggressive fish :)

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,

Like others mention, there is so much information missing.

Let's say this is early in the tournament then I am calling. If it is middle or near money I might even shove as the range sounds to be wide for them. If it is final table, it is a clear shove position for me if I know others are folding.

Need information on more details for the tournament such as ITM, position in stacks, blind levels, how many at the table, anyone left to follow your move other than raiser, and many others that come up.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also fold, but up to 20bb I go all-in.