How do you guys get ready for a tournament?

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you warm up or do you directly get into it without any post-procedure?

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I will just sit down and play.

If I have to wait i just take a game of Zoom or similar, until the tournament starts.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
This is how i "get ready" for any tournament (and specially cardchat ones) :boxing:

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely like to play an hour or so of cash games prior just to get in the zone, see where I might need to tighten up my game, or just to get out any kneejerk calls. I'll listen to relaxing music, and make sure my snack sitch is on point. Can't be scrambling for Cheetos during those 5 minute breaks!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
personaly I smoke and then have a bottle of water next to me
ready to go

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoke a cigarette, drink a coffee, prepare water and some food, and it is not before any given tournament, it is like this always before I start to play sessions, as usually if i start i play at least 10-12 hours, and at least 8-10 tourneys..

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally smoke a cigarette and drink a coffee, and then I take my laptop, I play good music and I go to the tables :D

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , very nice ideas , I like to make sure I have slept enough, so will try lie down even for 30mins+ just to recharge, then water, coffee and music, and get ready to play for hopefully 8hrs+ , then you know it'll be a good game :)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No "warm up". Normally i wait for beginning of tournament in font of my desk. Simple as that.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean? I just start my client look at the buy in, time left for late registration, avg BB, and if Im in a good mood

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing is that there is a mood for the game, nothing and no one distracts, I also turn off the phone. Before the game, about an hour to eat, a carafe of water nearby, no alcohol, you can have time to smoke and pour coffee during a break. Basically everything. And the most important thing is to get enough sleep!

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
I meditate to keep my mind on one goal. The reason is because there are hours to focus on

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm taking a shower and 10m exercise before grinding makes me feel good and sharp

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is how I get ready for a tournament

I get ready for a tournament by listening to music maybe a half hour or so before it begins that gets me in the proper frame of mind to do my very best. I also like to eat a meal before the tournament so I'm not on it playing on an empty stomach.