how do you go through the learning process ?????

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how does your educational process go every day?
you get knowledge about the game and strategy, are you trying to remember everything at once?
I like to keep records like at school. The important points of the theory for me I write down in a notebook, make small notes, and I print small posters near the computer for tips.
How do you enter the theory of poker in the learning process ?
Do you read something every day or several times a week for a month?
if something is difficult for you to understand immediately, are you trying to disassemble it on paper or just trying to memorize it?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to do what learning style best fits you personally. For me I'm a hands on learner so what I like to do is read some blogs or a chapter in a book or whatever and then I like to play whatever type of game (cash, MTT, SNG) the reading was about and apply what I've learned a few times in a few situations or go through hands where the situation came up and review those based on the reading. I have some notebooks devoted to all of this and periodically I'll go through and reread some topics just to stay sharp on them and practice these ones. I generally study 3-4 things a time like this because you don't want to get bogged down studying every skill at the same time because you won't be able to focus on any of them. I'd suggest trying a few different methods till you find what works for you

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There re many ways to learn the game and it really is dependent on how you want to learn. What I did really works great. I would treat it like school work and work on one section at a time. Say you want to work on pre flop play. Read up on pre flop play, watch video's on pre flop play and Incorporated what you learned in your pre flop play. Only work on this section for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks are up ask yourself if you feel confident in you pre flop play or if you still need work on it? If you feel a little more work would help take another week of study on this subject. If you feel you are ready to move on you then pick something else to study and do that for 2 weeks. Its a slow process but you can master each part of the game this way and not try to incorporate things without knowing they are helping you.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There re many ways to learn the game and it really is dependent on how you want to learn. What I did really works great. I would treat it like school work and work on one section at a time. Say you want to work on pre flop play. Read up on pre flop play, watch video's on pre flop play and Incorporated what you learned in your pre flop play. Only work on this section for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks are up ask yourself if you feel confident in you pre flop play or if you still need work on it? If you feel a little more work would help take another week of study on this subject. If you feel you are ready to move on you then pick something else to study and do that for 2 weeks. Its a slow process but you can master each part of the game this way and not try to incorporate things without knowing they are helping you.
excellent advice. I totally agree. this method of training is very effective.
and there will be no mess in my head[emoji106]

E

ElRosado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing online for me was a good way to learn. It helped me learn the math in an environment without distraction and more hands in less time.

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn by doing. I do read, but little at a time. With so many topics to study its easy to try to focus too many things at once. I also like to watch tape of not only the pros, but myself. If you are your biggest critic, watch yourself play. You'll start to clean up your game for sure

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker - ongoing training.
I think that my personal training should be well planned so that there is no chaos. from simple truths to complex step by step.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the learning process is unending. There are so many different people playing so many different ways that I would have to say makes the game impossible to perfect. That's what makes the game so interesting.