How do you feel when you finish second in a tournament

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me I feel gutted although 2nd prize is usually good but winning is the thing,and I think I should have done this or not done that and the feeling lasts for a few days.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never forget how and why I lost. It really sucks but you can learn from it.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dependeng on the size, i feel pretty good as long as i get ITM of course it burns a bit to get that close and not win. but when it comes down to the end u need a bit of luck to go with your skill. because most of us will go all in on a good hand with just a few players left, and lil luck is always needed.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd place is fine for me unless I lost to a much smaller stack. The payout is usually massively different between 1st and 2nd, so I feel like I played real poorly.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel grateful, because even though I played solid poker, I realize that I was extremely fortunate at the same time. A little disapointed for not winning it, yet still grateful.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel great when it happens. Being 2nd is a very good thing too. It means you didn't finish on the 248th position or as a bubble boy. Actually, I feel such a joy when finishing on any ITM position. If I win the tourney that's damn great, but if I finish 2nd then well it's great too!

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel finishing 2nd is ok. The difference between 1st and 2nd payout isn't much. By the time i'm in the top 2, i really don't care about the game anymore. The only time i feel annoying about coming 2nd is when the guy was trying to bluff me and actually flopped a good hand.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on who I was playing against in HU. A lot of mtt players are so bad at HU, that it's painful to lose to them (usually it happens due to bad beat or cooler). I feel very disappointed until I go to sleep. On the next day I forget (or I pretend that I've forgotten) about all the unfairness and am just grateful realizing how lucky I was to get to the 2nd place.

When the player I play against in HU is solid and I've lost, then it's a tiny bit disappointing but not really as I realize it was basically a draw and who takes a win was more of a lottery. So I just feel grateful and I'm very hyped and am smiling a lot :)

And then there is a deal option... :bebored:

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel finishing 2nd is ok. The difference between 1st and 2nd payout isn't much. By the time i'm in the top 2, i really don't care about the game anymore. The only time i feel annoying about coming 2nd is when the guy was trying to bluff me and actually flopped a good hand.

If a tourney becomes a freeroll for you when it's already HU game then it's a bad habit bro. I would say you should always stay focused on your game (and especially in heads-ups). Just a tip. I disagree that the dif between 1st and 2nd isn't much, it's usually tons of buy-ins depending for the tourney you're playing (well maybe there're some tourneys where this difference is insignificant but most of time the dif matters).

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends if he was chipleading the either time then second place is fine.
But if i had 75% of the chips and he wins it sucks to come second place then.

But there is so much you can do if the players keeps hitting the board and you aren't then it's frustrating, but after a few minutes you think second place isn't so bad could've ended 5th or 9th or not even made the final table at all.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a tourney becomes a freeroll for you when it's already HU game then it's a bad habit bro. I would say you should always stay focused on your game (and especially in heads-ups). Just a tip. I disagree that the dif between 1st and 2nd isn't much, it's usually tons of buy-ins depending for the tourney you're playing (well maybe there're some tourneys where this difference is insignificant but most of time the dif matters).

if the difference is noticeable then yes try come first. It depends what tournament it is. If it's the sunday millions then yes stay focused. What i was saying is if the difference between first and 2nd is a few dollars then why waste time trying to come 1st unless you want bragging rights? This is after playing a tournament for several hours, maybe 6 or more hours.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Until a little while ago I thought that my HU had to "improve" (Since HU is "another game") today I dont care much, can not win all :rolleyes:

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m ecstatic if I finish 2nd unless it’s a very small tournament. Payout is usually great and unless I make a really stupid mistake I’m more than happy.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me I feel gutted although 2nd prize is usually good but winning is the thing,and I think I should have done this or not done that and the feeling lasts for a few days.

I am always grateful for the score.

And my head is spinning from thinking about how I could have played a hand differently for the win....and wondering if that would have worked and if it would have been sufficient to take the win.

Good luck !

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
How do you feel when you finish second in a tournament

Best of the losers. Which is somewhere between, overjoyed and devastated. But to be honest, with "bittersweet pride", I'd take the money and be thankful that I managed to get second.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find a 2nd place too, but depending on how you arrived until it was filed a few chips in second place is great but if you took 2 much but chips first place and still lose there is in 2 would be very frustrating there would very angry

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing that can happen to me is to finish in second place, heads-up is my specialty and in all the tournaments the probability that you come to a heads-up against someone who plays heads-up is very low. Losing it f***s me quite mentally

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel happy, proud, telling me next time I would be first

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel fine in this situation. The main thing I am in prizes. If I played correctly, but luck was not on my side, then all is well. After all, we never know what the river will give us))))

cldvdldlm

cldvdldlm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great! Just need patience for the big won, 2dn place is not bad

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I finished second in CC freeroll on ACR. I wasn't upset since it was my best result ever; but I didn't feel too happy about that as well because I could've done better. Anyway it felt fine; I wish I could finish second more times than that.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can get to heads up in a major tournament, you have done great. I think that there is quite a bit of luck involved when heads up. By the time you get to this point, it is all about who gets the right hand at the right time. Who gets AA when the other guy has KK. This is luck. Who flops a set when the other guy flops 2 pair. This is luck. You need 2 people with two hands willing to shove them both, and it will take luck to win this hand. Yes, there is still some bluffing going on, but i am not sure at this point there is a whole lot to exploit.

So, if you get to the top 2 in a major tournament, you should feel pretty good about it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually feel bad that I missed the biggest pay jump, but then its time to play another so I forget.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually feel that I could take first place in a tournament.

G

gnashty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thrilled to make a final table

Its deflating but my goal is to make the final table ultimately.