How Do You Deal With Fast Blind Structures?

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems unless I hit a monster early on I'm already in shove mode an hour in with a 10bb stack. How do you guys deal with this? Just buckle up and accept the variance and play the usual tight early MTT strategy? Or loosen up and try to build a stack?

How much should a shorter level timer affect opening range?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid tournaments with that structure but if I play a satellite that has that structure I do it with a very open range and being aggressive all the time

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
choose tournaments with a smooth structure) if you are talking about CC tournaments - then yes, the structure in them is fast, with a stack of 10-13 bb I already play push fold

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u talk with turbo and hyper turbo then i must say be aggressive every AK AQ AJ shove also call all in with pairs like 77 88 or hirgher. if u have a good stack and ur close to itm wait till u get itm and then countinue to be aggressive. When i won 2.2$ hyper i was aggressive and ofc lucky. Also if u have a good stack ur able to steal blinds witch is very important cuz blinds are fast and if u steal u can steal alot if ur trying to steal with low hand and some goes all in just fold.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
choose tournaments with a smooth structure) if you are talking about CC tournaments - then yes, the structure in them is fast, with a stack of 10-13 bb I already play push fold

Haha, yup, those are precisely the tournaments I'm referring to. How much are you widening your range early on exactly?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look for more opportunities to play- who can you steal from, who folds to cbets, who is a high blind limper, etc.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, yup, those are precisely the tournaments I'm referring to. How much are you widening your range early on exactly?

my range is tight at the start of the tournament, but a lot depends on the situation and on the opponents.
I try to play neatly at the beginning

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my range is tight at the start of the tournament, but a lot depends on the situation and on the opponents.
I try to play neatly at the beginning
Thanks for the pointers, I guess its just a matter of eventually coming across a tournament where you stack somone off early with a monster.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not much room for a postflop game in this tournament, and after the first few rounds you will almost not play postflop, because by this moment, most likely, you will be in all-in. This will be a high-quality choice of a game for players and suitable moments for an all-in. This may not be very pleasant, but this is the only way that can lead to success in a game of this format.As at any stage of a turbo tournament, the choice of starting hands will be of great importance. If the stack sizes of most players are from 7 to 12 big blinds, then you are in the middle stage of the tournament. This makes it possible for two raises before one of the players turns out to be All-In, which means there is nowhere to turn around. By and large, you should only go to the bank with the intention of putting your entire stack on the line. When your stack goes small, the blinds are valuable enough to steal, so a good All-In push from a late position can sometimes be very appropriate. For the rest, continue to play only with premium hands, slightly expanding your range in late positions.good luck)

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally enjoy the fast paced blinds. I for some reason tend to do a little better under a time pressure. Playing for hours in the same tournament gets me tilted lol:mad:

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually wait for a good hand to gamble with. AK, AQ etc. Throw it in and hope for the best. That's pretty much all you can do.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
While I am still not shallow I do tend to wait for big hands to basically just go all or bait an all in situation. Once I get shallow, which quickly happens, then I just widen up the range. As already said, not much post flop in this format until the final couple of tables.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a bit looser, dial up the aggression for sure but still try to avoid playing out of position and, in particular, don't join those multi-way pots with 4-5 players because the odds are someone has a monster. Yes, you will be playing mostly a pre-flop game for a while but if you can build a stack you can switch off to a call pre-flop and hammer the pot on the turn game that will often produce a lot of folds.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to open up your range more

play suited connectors like 56, 89, depending on position of course

try and see a flop with low pairs like 6s and below to flop a set and catch em good

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the beginning tight, playing from late positions, then all in or fold. And of course, be lucky

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start of tournament play tight, play from late positions, play suited connectors. GL

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems unless I hit a monster early on I'm already in shove mode an hour in with a 10bb stack. How do you guys deal with this? Just buckle up and accept the variance and play the usual tight early MTT strategy? Or loosen up and try to build a stack?

How much should a shorter level timer affect opening range?

It's easy answer you have to loosen your range, be ready to push shove sooner, and accept the variance.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play aggressive from late positions and use suited connectors

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play it very differently from what I usually do. It is just that in these you become much quicker short stacked, so you will become sooner in a situation of going all in.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How Do You Deal With Fast Blind Structures? the answer is a simple, very aggressive strategy! 10bb stack is very little, it's not worth playing tight. Push or Fold, this is the name of the strategy, check it out, it works well in these situations!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Cardschat tournaments with fast blinds are okay on ACR because you have 2,500 starting chips.
I would like to see this many starting chips on pokerstars too.
As a rule, where possible, I avoid fast blind tournaments.