How do you deal with

A

atmotsi1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with a jerk that is constantly raising or going all in with what turns out to be crap, Q4 os or 47 os and winning? Aggravating when it beats good hands.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely detach yourself with your emotion while playing (i.e. don't get angry, happy or sad), that's the only way. Meditation helps a lot in achieving that.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a decent hand and take all his chips.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Keep Calm

1)Play in position
2)Select strong hands
3)Control the pot with pairs and low 2 pairs
4)Put more chips with stronger hands like third or more
5) I you have bet Pre flop, flop and turn, just check or call river
6)Keep Calm and dont feel bad for this, when the opportunity appear, go with faith.
7)We want to win little pots with pairs and big pots with big hands, Patience.

Last edited:
almaihotz

almaihotz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happens all the time in the first 15-20 min on a freeroll.sooner or later they will be eliminated and the game slow down.u must survive and wait for good cards .:cool:

A

Anatolie Fomov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FomovA

You have to wait for the right time to catch up with good combinations:cool:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play on a very bad card, the game is patience, wait for cards on which you can go through the bet and see the flop or level the player who raises the bet, patience and only patience. Well, if your good card does not pass, then it was not your tournament

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to have patience when you have a big stack. Everyone advises patience. And do you sometimes have enough patience. There are times when the BB has already eaten almost the entire stack and you have one decisive move left. All in . There is no longer any good hands.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You should be able to play with any card that the dealer will give you !!! Poker is not only aces, kings and ladies !!! If I'm in a late position and my steak allows me, why do not I play with suited connectors !!!!

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish there were more players like that on my tables :)
Don't get frustrated, don't let player like that gets you tilt, just wait for a chance to double up thanks to him and do that again :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you deal with a jerk that is constantly raising or going all in with what turns out to be crap, Q4 os or 47 os and winning? Aggravating when it beats good hands.
Not sure why these guys always seem to have a run of incredible luck when they do that, but often they do. If a cash table, I just leave that table.

A tournament table is a different matter. Being a believer in not trying to get in the way of lucky streaks I try to play pretty tight with these guys, and avoid most hands. You can't do that forever obviously. When I do get a monster (e.g., AA pre-flop) I usually lose, cuz luck is luck.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is impossible to say with 100% accuracy that you with these cards will win, even if it's aces, but considering every game objectively, i.e. taking into account all factors in a single hand, you can make the most optimal decision.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should know that this kind of players loose when someone overbeat than, go for all in, and good luck boy.
Nothing else may be done against this kind of opponent.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I think that's great - you've identified a bad player. Wait for a good to great hand and go for it. If you lose it's not your day, that's poker.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient, wait for a premium hand, be prepared to go all in.

If you're going to get into a flip try to do it against someone who you cover so you don't bust if you catch a bad beat.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slowplay your good cards and take em out!

J

johnathan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
let him/her bluff into your strong hands. implied odds said that you hit once, you doubled up :)

A

atmotsi1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol ... problem was never had a decent hand the entire tournament and ran out of coin but the jerk just kept on cashing in ... guess that's why they call it gambling

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree that we should be able to play with any cards but in that very case I just wait for really good hands!!!! and then take a revenge! Good luck!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the advice above seems to be to play tight, and when you do get a good hand play it aggressively. IMO this is excellent advice with the right type of tournament structure, i.e., larger initial stack, and blinds that don't go up too much, too quickly. The ideal structure includes those attributes plus only has six players per table. If you look through the poker site lobby, this type of structure is harder to find and usually costs more to buy in to.

Otherwise, I find that patience usually doesn't get me to a healthy stack size (unless I happen to hit a lucky streak) in your usual low stakes or freeroll tournament because they typically have a turbo or even hyper-turbo structure. Being patient usually just gets me short-stacked so that when I do play I'm going to get called no matter what by the big stacks. I've placed in this type of tournament, but it was always because of luck (i.e., my JJ beat AK, or my AK beat QQ, or my KQs beat AQ).

If you happen to run into a passive/cautious crowd at your table, then you can play weaker hands in position aggressively pre-flop and continue to play aggressively post flop without TP or better and win some pots. But if you get called by two to four players (typical early stage freeroll situation) regardless of your bet sizing, then you're going to need a lot of luck to get anywhere.

I think that most of the "jerks" who play "crap" super aggressively are actually playing this type of tournament structure correctly in the early stages. If they lose quickly, then they've only invested a few minutes (or seconds) of their time.

If they happen to get lucky and score a few pots, then the smart "jerks" with their newfound larger stacks will start to tighten up a bit. The ones who really have no idea what they are doing will continue to play crap hands super aggressively and will bust our pretty quickly.

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold until I really got really good hand. Than game over

A

atmotsi1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Had another jerk today all in 36 os and won against AK ... more like I'm playing against a few 12 year old kids lol
Thanks for the advise

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep calm and wait for the killer hand to eat him ;)

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key! Wait for good card's or wait to someone knock him out, Or softver will move him to other table. :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask him how to play poker.;)