How do you act against an loose-aggressive?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! Well, that´s my question. I always find many players with this style in the tournaments and sometimes it annoys me a lot. I was reading on a website that suggested waiting until you had a good hand and then hitting a hard blow on their stack ... but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Well, that´s my question. I always find many players with this style in the tournaments and sometimes it annoys me a lot. I was reading on a website that suggested waiting until you had a good hand and then hitting a hard blow on their stack ... but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
I dont know ideas for you. You play in your game or you player their og game on table. Men dont want lose chips,too, also of players dont know as play good. They think dont to play low card this because very good, but their hands beginng read. Each must have balance in his game.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play fewer hands but be more aggressive with them.

For example, suppose that you have a 30bb stack and a LAG is to your left. Open fewer hands, but when you do raise, shove over his 3-bets with a wider range than you normally would.

Similarly, if a LAG is on your right, you'll probably play fewer hands, but you can still attack him a lot with light 3-bets (for example, reraising a hand like JTo or 75s preflop) and flatting weaker hands than normal with position to take advantage of his wide range.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am just trying to be patient, waiting for strong cards, and using the aggressiveness of my opponents in my favor. And, as a rule, such players finish the tournament very early. :D

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also wait for a good starting hand for 3 bet or shove all-in. My only problem from my experience is two things. 1. Flop does not work in your favor thus losing the battle 2. Bad beats thus losing the game.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also think that against such players you can only play with good hands, when you are 100% sure that you are stronger. In general, it is very difficult to play with such opponents and their playing style is a little annoying, but thanks to such players you can earn yourself a good stack. I generally like it when I meet such an opponent at the table, I set myself a goal, wait for a good card and try to win maximum chips.

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wait a good hand, and catch him.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait hidden until you have a handheld monster just check out and I assure you that you take all your chips

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that this is situational, how often would you check-raise on a c-bet from a LAG? And does that make the LAG player think twice about betting/raising on the turn or even the river? I think it's one of those things that you just do and see what happens?

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check raise when you have the better hand

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually wait them out for a hand. i run deep a good bit. Just cant seem to not get unlucky when i need the win.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading on a website that suggested waiting until you had a good hand and then hitting a hard blow on their stack ... but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

What you mentioned above in my opinion is the best strategy you can do. These guys fire off huge bluffs and you can take advantage of that fact by playing tight and waiting to hit a killer hand.

A side note: I once was in a tournament where, with no exaggeration, the table I was on had all in shoves every hand for about 35 hands. Multiple players where doing this. Once I noticed this I played super tight.

Wouldn’t even play AJ as this was the mid-beginning of the tournament and I wasn’t gonna risk busting out. I didn’t win the tournament, but I did make a deep run In The money. Had I played along with this overly aggressive style I would’ve busted well in the early stages and not profit at all.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What some of you are writing in here sounds more maniacal than decent LAG play. I don’t know whether big bluffs (and overplaying hands) defines good LAG play. I have another thread where I am exploring the nuances of LAG play (transitioning from TAG) and finding that measured aggression (little bluffs that get people to fold) can work just as well. If someone were to play like a maniac and pushing all in, then waiting for a premium hand or someone else to bust them out (or a table change) would work.

But against a good LAG? I’d probably say expand your range for a re-raise and pick your moments. Use the texture of the flop to your advantage and try bluffing some flush or straight draws. And know when to fold when you think the villain has you beat. It’s one thing to know how to play good LAG pre-flop... a whole other story about doing it well post-flop. In my humble opinion.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is in a tournament setting I would advise to lead with your draws/bluffs and to check call with your value hands (unless of course you are nutted!). By leading with your low equity hands you can possibly win some pots you otherwise would not and you can easily fold when you are raised by the maniac, thus giving him the impression you are folding legitimate hands and that his plan to run over you is working. Let him build up confidence in this fashion. After a period of this method, switch and start leading (and three betting) with your value hands and just call with your draws. The maniac will have built up his confidence that you will fold and you can then stack him!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
against such players you have to have a lot of patience but I love to play against such players)))

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against aggressive players, expect good hands, and when you get let them take the initiative.