How do they mark their players?

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
says the notes are really useful so I took the time to analyze and review them and I realized that in some regular tournaments where they always play the same is very useful since I have caught the liars hehe
What are you doing?:fight:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually watch the players and take note on their tightness,their bluffing frequency, their general feel. If they make a obviously stupid move in more than one hand I label them a donk. If they play total trash hands like J2o then I label them fish.

Watching players reveal how they think,feel and play a hand in hold'em is a powerful move.Less so in Omaha where the game essentially forces you to play str8forward like 95% of time...or risk being the trappee not the trapper unknowingly.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! You're on the right track, always take notes on the players you're playing with! Especially this helps for example when you play constantly with the same opponents!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to play a lot of hands with the player, so that your notes are reliable.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the notes are important for when playing several screens has the history of the possible profile of the player, helps in making difficult decisions.
I use a table that defined the main profiles by ex Tight. loose etc. I put each of a color to make it easier to identify.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, notes for me are really very helpful.
I also always use my recordings and this gives me a significant advantage.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i was playing alot of Sit&Gos i marked all the program players . This gave me alot of small raise opportunities as they fold all B grade hands even if they are priced in .

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very useful

Yes notes are great especially for marking out maniacs and serious sharks and the donks and fishes.

Highly recommended as well as then looking up stats of players or better yet using a hud!

Good luck at the tables!

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch for things like what they limp or if they are capable of three betting low suited connectors.

B

Binraker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes are good. I always note when a player has caught me in a bluff. So I can repeat the same line with the nuts later.
Also, what people are saying about colour coding. A colour for fish, nits, regs, agrofish, calling stations etc.

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to label almost everybody. The more reads you can have, the better. ;)

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the JCarver method of taking note of anything out of the ordinary.

Never giving just one note too much credence as people don't play the same all the time.

Good luck to you! :D

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
notes gone

I lost 3 years worth of notes on intertops poker somehow . Very frustrating !

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and note only strong hands (plays), or if someone trapped. I can sit down and remember if someone was a aggressive donk or not most of time.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking Notes

First of all, notes are great. For me, I am not fast enough to take notes anymore. Use to. I have certain lessons I have learned from both good and bad experiences. I pay close attention to the big and small monies at the table. Big monies push on almost anything, small monies push on a good hand. I may start back to taking notes, though. Thank you.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm at a table, I make notes about how the person play. But also about their ranges. In the micro stacks you find often people with such a big range, or still going all-in when they didn't hit the board (missing 1 card for straight/flush/etc). So they hope at the river the best card, but that is not always.

Notes are so important, because it helps you remember how the other player was playing before.

C

Chutzpah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If they make a obviously stupid move in more than one hand I label them a donk. If they play total trash hands like J2o then I label them fish.
I lol'd, thanks!

On what Apps do you play PLO, friend?
I'm quite disappointed by the ones I use (not enough rainbow boards; you have a pair of suited aces? 100% chance someone has kings in his 4 cards, and that someone else has JJ or QQ, so don't bother raising or 3-betting because you will end up all in 3 way preflop, someone else will hit their set and you will never hit any of your flushes, etc)