How do I lose fear when someone raises me all in?

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Zup!!!

I've quite this issue with my playing.... Playing??... With my... Hmmm... Level?... Strategies..

Anyways ... I used to be very scared when some on raise or bet high.....

I've earned little bit confidence and experience a bit due to this group ..

But I wish you guys to help me with tips. About it...

I can tell because I'm way different when I'm at a tournament... I believe my results are way better ....

So how can I stop being such a pushover? Hahaha and move on you know?

Well as always I appreciate all your thoughts and comments!!!

May the flop be wit y'all!!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tons of players are not pushing/ calling off correctly. Don't feel bad or feel like you are a "push over" - just use the tools at hand! Study these spots with things like icmizer - and when you cannot afford things of that nature start looking at push/fold charts to help range opponents and kick it up about 2 notches to see what to call off. It won't be perfect but it will be helpful for sure. That said - icmizer is a valuable tool and one that would GREATLY help you with these spots. I would recommend you at least use their 1 free hand analysis per day and consider purchasing it for a year. The more you use it and improve your game will see you start to make money off of that investment almost immediately - relatively speaking.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play Smart! you have to size up your bank roll, your current standing, and look at your opponents bankroll and standing to see if there might be a degree of dire or necessary measures on their part.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must believe in yourself that you are doing everything right and that all this is your balanced decision and everything will be fine. Good luck with the game!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all you have to do is trust your knowledge, experience and if things don't go well then you have to review and learn. fear and poker are not compatible you should work on that

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when you play with a solid preflop strategy and make the correct plays if you have to put them all with respect to our number of blinds and our stack of chips the result will most of the time be positive because this is long term so just accept the variance

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is logical :), you can not completely get rid of the fear before you put everything :) It's okay, don't worry. The main thing is to play correctly, not make stupid mistakes, and go all in when it's really necessary and make a fold is a mistake :) I still worry when I put all in, but I think this is not a problem for myself :). every time you worry when you are eliminated from the tournament, but I worry very much when the departure is a stupid action or a gross mistake. You must understand that flying is not a problem and it is impossible to be high every time. The main problem is a mistake that you should have avoided! So you only have to worry about your game! :) all in cannot be completely excluded from poker ;)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fear in poker is normal,of course it can be controlled but you can't completely get rid of it.Whatever your main reason for playing, fear and desire are the two most powerful motivational forces that affect your actions.Fear and desire are without a doubt the two most powerful motivational forces,In any of our actions, we either strive to earn something, or to escape from something that we are afraid of.In poker, where our success or failure depends entirely on our ability to think clearly and make the right strategic decisions, fear and desires can become a big hindrance.So it needs to be worked on

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can feel more comfortable with pocket pair and high aces. The way I feel there is always going to be bad beats you just have to ride it through.

DRIVEN

DRIVEN

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have no fear
Choose to raise, call or fold

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some good answers here - what I would add is: lose. Lose a lot. Learn to love losing... until you have lost every way imaginable.

Then you are free, you'll have nothing to worry about, and winning will be a welcome surprise (as it always is for me). :D

Good luck!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you know your move is the correct move then calling or folding can both be the way forward. Of course it depends per spot!

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just think positive, just approximate opponent hand tha your flipping with and go for it.

Think about tossing a coin 50/50 chance.

Good Luck...

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zup!!!

I've quite this issue with my playing.... Playing??... With my... Hmmm... Level?... Strategies..

I can tell because I'm way different when I'm at a tournament... I believe my results are way better ....

A difficult question, because everyone is afraid to lose. If the hand is good, you must respond. If not, then think that he wants to play up to this point. Maybe he's bluffing and has nothing? Sometimes intuition helps, an inner voice tells you what to do should listen to it.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is always risky to call your opponents all-in, but when you have a very good hand and your reading of the game prompts you to call. you have to forget your fear and take the bull by the horns. in poker you have to be rigorous and disciplined and not be swayed by these feelings. even if you play the game of reduced variance to win on an MTT. you have to take risks and flip at some point anyway. to prepare yourself and be in a good state of mind before the start of the game. you have to visualize your goal and the strategy you need to use to achieve it. this can help you make the right decisions.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make calls with good hands, when you will double 7 out of 10 times you will lose your fear and beg your opponents to push you all-in with worse hands than yours

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zup!!!

Get your head in the game......Play your cards not the table.... You Will LOOSE get used to it.

I have played 1000's of tourneys and 1/1000 win is good:ciao: Try to cash each game.
Never all in first hand,. let the nutters leave early.

Ride the wave - You will have Hot and Cold periods. (Exploit when possible or Hibinate:eek:)

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys are awesome !!! Thanks for the tips!!! Totally have worked!

I can see a lot of improvement on the past weeks since I join the group!!

:wavey:!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Zup!!!

I don't think this is where you should be focusing your attention at this point in time.
I believe you'd be much better off reading some very BASIC overall tournament game strategy. (ie. like reading Harrington On Hold'em vol.1... even though it is very outdated it'd give you a foundation in which to work from).
Basically... your play is all over the map. It is nonsensical.
Stick to TAG ABC poker. Learn how to size bets properly... learn the importance of Position. Learn how to play on different stack sizes & the adjustments we need to make on them (<< this is a HUGE mistake many of the CC freeroll players make)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play a lot of formats that require playing in push-fold stacks and in repush size stacks. This could be good old sngs (any speed you want, even the regular speed sngs have the most important stage [4-5max] being played in such stacks) or multi-table sngs. Try to play these stages according to some charts, which are available online, and after a while you will get used to any scenario which can happen - you win, you lose, you're catching the bluff, you're dominating their hand and still lose, or win :D, you're catching runner-runner, etc.

After a while it starts to feel like just a regular stage with its own peculiarities, but it won't be too nerve wrecking to play it, and won't be causing distress or overthinking which results into leaning towards playing too tight and being too afraid.