How to deal with lucky dumb players?

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've experienced that a lot but still have no idea or maybe I'm just not patient enough. Any suggestions how to deal with this kind of players? :confused:

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We have to play byn the trends not by ourselves expectatives. We beed to have a good strategy against each player style and to be disciplined to use them.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play the game I'm used to play (tight and aggressive) against those players... if they get lucky and eliminate me, I'm (obviously) annoyed, but I'm getting used to it gradually and I know they'll continue playing the same way.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
o well

put on hip boots and wade in deep . take .em out .havefunAA:D

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in your question you wrote the word "lucky" and for that there is nothing you can do. you can be patient you can be aggressive or not.
If on the one hand both of you have all your chips in the middle of the table and he gets lucky, what can you do?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said the perfect thing is patience. If you don't have it how do you expect to overcome a heater. Dumb players basically play face up with extreme aggression when bluffing. Pick your spots and grind them down. You know GRIND

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While these type of players can drive you nuts you should just embrace the fact they are going to pay you off more than you will lose long term. Yes you Aks will love to 45o and aces cracked by 84s but so what? you will win more often than them. What you can do is plan to play for you stack when you have a solid value hand and let them pay you off. It will suck when you lose but again overall you will win more than they will.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without fold equity you just have to hold you go in with better cards and the cards hold up.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we've all lost once against these types of players, most importantly, do not play angry, especially if you are playing in cash games , it's best to get up and get some rest, and return to the tables when you're calmer .
You can lose a hand with bad beats accounts, but eventually if you keep your good game, you will have success on these players, because luck is not forever.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for good starting hands and play them aggressively.

Many times you will get paid off while holding the nuts. It just takes more discipline and sometimes you may end up folding the better hand.

But it sure is annoying when they one out you on the river.

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am focused almost exclusively on tournaments - online and live.
I try to focus when I receive a bad beat is to review:
1) how the hand played out - betting steps / leveling, would anything have changed
2) did I get my money in good? For me the most important.

It is tough to receive a bad beat, but if you would not have changed the way you played upon review..... You have to accept it and move onto the next hand.
I dont use the term luck anymore, I use 'variance', helps me remain more focused and understand that it is part of the game. You cant walk away during a tournament and anything to help me maintain focus I will use.

SoCal

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can happen to the best of players but the best advice is to be patient and wait for the right time to strike. I will usually limp in with a great hand knowing that the fish is going to bite and then reel them in! They still suck out once in a while but it's better than playing bingo and losing all your chips.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've experienced that a lot but still have no idea or maybe I'm just not patient enough. Any suggestions how to deal with this kind of players? :confused:
I believe nobody can give you a good suggestion about how to deal with this category of players:p:D. Just accustomed to the idea that they exists and will exist forever:D:D.When they are lucky that's it they win but luck won't last forever.;)

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't believe how helpful and friendly is this forum. Thank you all for the suggestions. Keep the good work :D

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday i had an experience with a player like that so let me describe what happened.I had AA and he had 82 so i made a 6BB raise preflop and he went all-in with 16BB so i called him putting another 10BB of my stack and having 10BB remaining everyone else had already folded.FLOP:A82 making prety much sure that i will win.Turn:8 and then River:8.The moral teaching of this story is to ****ing get mad and quit the tournament immediately.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to answer,because every time you meet someone like that, they baffle you...

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are the types of players who are known to play all sorts of hands and chase every ridiculous draw. Therefore, when they are hot, it is going to seem like they are playing the game in god mode to you.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to force these players to fold. I raise 6bb on the flop. If I know at least how about this player is playing, then I adjust to it.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to force these players to fold. I raise 6bb on the flop. If I know at least how about this player is playing, then I adjust to it.
Yeah but usually these type of players doesn't fold ... ever

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday i had an experience with a player like that so let me describe what happened.I had AA and he had 82 so i made a 6BB raise preflop and he went all-in with 16BB so i called him putting another 10BB of my stack and having 10BB remaining everyone else had already folded.FLOP:A82 making prety much sure that i will win.Turn:8 and then River:8.The moral teaching of this story is to ****ing get mad and quit the tournament immediately.
Same shit here buddy... I was in a freeroll tournament for new depositors with big prizes. We were 80 people 15 in the money with minimum prize 10$ ..... I was so mad... :mad: I smoked every cigarette i found in my house

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is not easy, but you must have a lot of patience, as we will always come across this type of players, a lot of patience and try to do our game as usual, do not lose your mind when they make one of their own, I could tell you many things that have happened to me, but the most probable thing is that the stories we have are the same or similar, we have to turn the page and keep going

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

You said the most important thing. Patience. That and just playing more poker so you build up your experience. Study every player and figure out their tendencies, so that you can make the best decision possible with as much information as possible each time.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it takes a lot of patience, unfortunately we will always run into players like that, we must continue and improve our game

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just chill. There are always players like that, the ones that make you go crazy. But just chill and wait for good cards against them and then attack.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take their chips. :rolleyes: