How to avoid Going all ins in a Tournament

U

ullas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play good for a long time and then after some time i just can't resist going all ins for some hands just to make the other guy fold or for value.While it may not be necessary at all to go all in and It would have worked even if i could have just bet a big amount.:confused::confused::confused:

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are definitely not alone. Goint all in is a risk and I think sometimes if you got pocket pairs like AA or KK you should go all in. Of course anything can happen but without a risk it woill be difficult to win.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Eventually in a poker tourney, unless you have more chips than an opponent, you will have to call an all in to win.

Now if you hate to call all ins preflop , before any cards have been turned over, then that is on you. Do you fold your 37, do you fold your TT, do you fold your KK?
For me sometimes, I will fold any two cards for any all in pre flop in the first half hour because I choose to not be out of a tourney too early.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off when stacks get short, preflop jamming is actually an important part of tournament poker strategy. If you find yourself doing it even, when stacks are to deep, its probably a result of boredom or not caring enough about the money at stake. So try playing more tournaments simultaneously or move up.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its not possible to not go all in playing tournaments. Late in the tournament is become a big part of the game. You just need to be smart about it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not possible to not go all in playing tournaments. Late in the tournament is become a big part of the game. You just need to be smart about it.

Exactly. And sometimes you just run bad and lose 8 out of 10 “flips”. Or you make a completely reasonable jam, but someone behind wakes up with aces. This cannot be avoided, and you cannot win tournaments without being all in and getting lucky several times along the way.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be a winning poker player. you have to be rigorous and disciplined over the long term. you have to learn to control your emotions. to motivate yourself you have to set a goal and adopt a style of play that will help you reach your goal. personally I first set myself the goal of reaching ITM places. once this objective is reached I set myself the second objective to reach the final table. it's a great way to stay focused and above all motivate throughout the game.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Going all in at pokerstars is a real gamble, because bad beats
are more common there than any other sites.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALL IN

Whether all in is done depends on situation that all the places are various.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course you can't avoid all-ins during a tourney, but the question is, what do you want to achieve with this and how is your stack at this moment. When you are small stacked, then you will have to go all-in or fold. If you have a good, healthy stack, then it makes no sense to go all-in. A well-sized bet without risking all your chips would be same helpful. And it also depends on your opponent somehow, because it can be sometimes helpful with a good hand to go all-in, when you know, that your opponent just tries to draw you down somehow. So you also will need to consider the texture of the board in this moment.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Hopefully Cardschat puts an end to that. The only way is get those that benefit from the all in. Get them to stop there con by having them lose.

Vodka Bronco calls out to Whisky Wonka to get the Beer Man. Should they avoid Tequila Sunrise. Hes pussy whipped. Should he be. You like him calm. They like beer.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. And sometimes you just run bad and lose 8 out of 10 “flips”. Or you make a completely reasonable jam, but someone behind wakes up with aces. This cannot be avoided, and you cannot win tournaments without being all in and getting lucky several times along the way.

I like this logic a lot. Very helpful.