How to avoid being taken out by the blind?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. Well, I've met several times in tournaments where the blinds go up very quickly and I do not get good cards, not even connectors. In the end, when I have 2 or 3 blinds left I bet with anything and staying out of the tournament. I tried to expand my range in these cases but as in most it is full of "maniacs", and it's like playing roulette, everyone goes all-in with anything. Is there anything that can be done in these cases, or when the variance does not accompany it, must we resign ourselves? Excuse my english =)

C

capt red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i checked out "kill phill" and it helped with playing tours. when my csi {chip stack index} gets below 8, it's all in with all pairs or connectors. also go all in with a wide range if my stack will threaten them if they call and lose. luck, one way or the other, plays a part. good luck

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are short stacked in tournaments, it become extremely important to collect pots without showdown, and the way to do that is to ramp up your aggression, while you still have fold equity. With a 20-25 BB stack, you can jam over a standard open, and with 10-15BB you can open shove or jam over limps. In my experience even in freerolls this does actually generate folds.

If you are down to 3BB, its to late already, because now people are priced in to call you with a wide variety of holdings. If you open from CO for instance, and the next two players fold, the player in the big blind has to put in 2 BB to win a pot of around 7,5 BB including the blinds and antes. He only need 27% equity to break even, so he is not even a “maniac”, if he press the call button with J4s and beat your 99.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the key is to be patient but not so much, try to avoid playing Turbo or Hyper turbo tournaments, in a regular tournament at some point you will have a good hand and you can increase your stack, do not call desperately looking for a stroke of luck, try to play the most tight in the early stages of the tournament, those would be my advice

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One has to choose a game where the initial amount of chips relative to more and more time between blinds, then you can play quietly and wait for good cards. When the game is turbo or a small starting stack, a lot of players go olyn any cards to the beginning to stand up and continue to play relaxed.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play turbo tournaments, or tournaments with a fast structure, so only play slow tournaments with a smooth structure, though such tournaments are few, but it's good that they are, if they will remove or speed up, we don't even know what I'm going to play. It seems like the rooms are returning to the slow, smooth structure of the tournaments, let's see........