How annoying is this?

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get dealt a KQo - raises - re-raised. Flop is 567 - long story short he heavy bets and wins... with a straight!

Somebody created a thread about newbies... very annoying. He clearly had no idea and beats without any idea on what was coming.

Ahhhhh - sorry - just makes you laugh.

He had 8-4 of diamonds... I know!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get dealt a KQo - raises - re-raised. Flop is 567 - long story short he heavy bets and wins... with a straight!

Somebody created a thread about newbies... very annoying. He clearly had no idea and beats without any idea on what was coming.

There's some important info missing. Was it tournament or cash? What are the stack sizes? Why go all in when there's a straight board?

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's some important info missing. Was it tournament or cash? What are the stack sizes? Why go all in when there's a straight board?

Tourny.

Stack sizes is right at the start, so early. Just done another - won on a flush - although they raised with bugger all. They got the flush with a heart on the Turn and another on the River.

Like I say, it's annoying but this is the best way to lose - against luck.

I'll keep going.

N

No Shit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah Its like your rewarded more for not looking and going all in, They should just say to table ok everyone I'm going all in on next hand without looking because I have moron luck!

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Its like your rewarded more for not looking and going all in, They should just say to table ok everyone I'm going all in on next hand without looking because I have moron luck!

Yes mate, it's annoying. Still majorly up overall, but if I don't make the top 3 it's annoying. I expect to win every game now and want to learn why if I don't.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So on the flop he made a big raise and you called with only K high?

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are very annoying, especially when someone wins with cards that had no busy in the hand. Unfortunately these things will always happen because people will always play cards they have no business playing and the cards sometimes have a funny sense of humor and let's them win just to see someone get upset.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed alot of people catching straights on 888 recently.. And ALOT of 4 of a kinds too! Its annoying sure, but thats poker! I catch my fair share :)

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So on the flop he made a big raise and you called with only K high?
You said: "Flop is 567 - long story short he heavy bets and wins... with a straight!" So, I interpreted it like that: the flop came, he raised the pot and you called with King high. I did not imply that you made a bet and he raised your bet, however, it makes no difference since either way it's an incorrect move. On the flop all you could beat was a complete bluff since you would have been an underdog even to Ace high. In my opinion you made two mistakes in that hand: first you failed to re-raise enough to make him fold his weak hand preflop when you were a favorite, and second you called and gave him your chips when you were already beat. In my opinion re-raising to all-in before the flop would have been best, but once you chose not to do that you needed to fold on the flop. I know you want to blame your opponent for playing the 84, but you can't control your opponents, just your own play.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQ is an obvious pass on such a flop. I don't see any other options.