High wired pair against lower trips after flop. What should I do?

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I had a wired queens and ended up loosing half of my stack against trip 8s. Does anyone know of a good way to test for the trips? This happens once a week and I don't know what to do.

Suggestions?

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I had a wired queens and ended up loosing half of my stack against trip 8s. Does anyone know of a good way to test for the trips? This happens once a week and I don't know what to do.

Suggestions?

With the correct game, you can knock out the opponent with a bad card and prevent him from seeing the flop, and by making a wrong bet on the flop, you help the opponent to catch the desired card.
Learn the lessons of poker and the psychology of poker. I hope you will succeed. Good luck!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
How did you played the hand? Can you help us a little bit here?Because the question is kinda general. Please tell us at least the pre flop action.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not enough details for good advice m8.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask him to show you his cards. Set mining happens and you walk right into the trap. you're never going to know.

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK.

I bet 5x BB for this guy to get into the hand - I had wired QQ. Subsequently there were very low cards so I figured I had this all setup so I put him all in and he immediately called and i saw he had 888 after the flop. I know that I played this hand poorly and am just looking for alternative ways if any of handling this hand. I lost 1/2 of my stack :(

Please let me know if there's a different way you would have dealt with this situation

Thanks!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I asked for only one reason , I thought you limped pre.. Nothing wrong with your play he just hat the dream flop. Trips is a well disguised strong hand. Maybe in the future try to pot control a little bit and not go instantly all in -the all in here is ok imo because you had 100% his stack if I understood correctly- . Your play there was just fine.

T

troymcjessy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
do you really mean trips? or are you talking about a set? they mean two different things and knowing which you means matters when breaking down what happened