hero to zero

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does this is always seem to happen. When i have a break from poker and i start playing again I start of winning for about a week or two but then all of a sudden i can't seem to win as much. This happens every time i start playing again, Has anyone else had this happen to them or do i just start playing worse without realizing it. I don't think my play changes in any way as far as i know just seems like i don't get the cards anymore. It's goes the same way after i make deposits too? Any thoughts on this. thanks brianj

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i deposit 10$ i make it 20$ in a week or two. Then staying still at 20s then drop down. If sometimes make 50 or more theres update on pokerstars client and after that the avelange starts... my aces loose and so on untill zero. after a week break and deposit 10 bucks again start winning :)

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not just me then. I've seen other people say exactly the same thing. If i was suddenly thinking i'm the boss or some such i'd understand, Part of the problem is rng will deal all the good hands at the same time. Still doesn't make up for the fact that i can win when i first start playing then as Lorpugo says the play just magically changes and the lose ,badbeats,lucky suckouts and just plain no sense loses start happening. oh and it's definitely not anything to do with bankroll management. This is only my view of the situation. It won't stop me trying and soon as i can afford it i will be making a deposit large enough to get into games which i hope will at least be consistent even if i do lose or win .

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you're subconsciously letting your guard down and not playing your best poker after you get a nice win.

It's easy to say "now I have some extra money so if I don't play as good then it won't affect me that much". But then when we're back where we started and desperate for a nice win we regret not taking our initial winnings more serious. This is a problematic cycle for many if not most decent poker players.

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find there are three things (other than bad luck) that cause me to go into downswings:

• Getting bored
  • Getting too aggressive
  • Getting too confident
The first too sometimes go together and the latter two sometimes go together, sometimes not.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your right maybe i need to watch my concentration levels better. What was it they use to write on school reports "must try harder" The school probably wasn't thinking about poker though.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can totally relate to this post

Maybe you're subconsciously letting your guard down and not playing your best poker after you get a nice win.

It's easy to say "now I have some extra money so if I don't play as good then it won't affect me that much". But then when we're back where we started and desperate for a nice win we regret not taking our initial winnings more serious. This is a problematic cycle for many if not most decent poker players.

I would definitely say this is what I do after I get lucky and win some money. I buy in to more expensive tournaments, play too loose, and then wonder why I have no more money. I have however improved at this and am no longer taking new winnings for granted.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are online cash games rigged?

Just to flat out say it, the point of the post seems to be that the system is rigged so that if you deposit money you are dealt better hands for a while, then it goes away and reverses forcing you to redeposit over time.

Personally, I don't think it's true. poker sites get very little income from deposits, they make their money on the rake. It would be more beneficial to have 5 players constantly swapping chips around and splitting pots as the house gets a piece of all that action. To bust someone from a game means the house loses any immediate action that player would have generated in the hopes that they might re-deposit. And most of the time they have redeposit bonuses which mean over time they could actually be losing money.

It would be interesting though to get a stat tracker and actually keep track of how well the hands are being passed around right after a deposit and right after a cash-out.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happents because we are too greedy,we should know when to stop and how to split bankroll and also have some skills at playing poker .Then we can become hero from almost zero :)

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You lose your discipline. The extra $ has you feel like you are freerolling with someone else's money.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody makes good points and i will take note so that i can play better, which is the reason for having a forum like this . To learn from people who know more than you do Thanks brianj

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the site program tracks every player and after each deposit gives him the opportunity to win some time, then programm takes all his money and waits for the next deposit , then everything repeats