Help with playing micro tourneys

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So on poker stars I am playing 2c SNG their 990 players and the reason i'm playing them is because I don't have that big of a bankroll. I don't wanna put any money in though. I don't know really how to play these as the blinds increase every 3 mins as its a hyper-turbo. I am just wondering if there is a strategy to playing these.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that these tournaments can be won at a distance

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much, kinda all luck. Prolly are wasting ur time. But if u enjoy then idk.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of SNG is too hyper. You have to get extremely lucky to do well. There’s really not much skill involved and can lead to bad habits as you have to make plays you wouldn’t normally due to the quickness of the blind increases.

Try playing freerolls instead as at least you won’t develop bad habits and have just as could a chance of cashing.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to make a BR with freerolls where you can play at least sit and go 0.25 90p. Do not play the turbo and hyper. Keep bankroll management and try to improve the technical part. good luck.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In hyper is tough if you are a beginner bro, I agree with the previous tips on trying regular times blinds if they have them at similar stakes. But if you insist I would try the style of very limited limping until big stack. Any premium hand in early stages just send it all in. Any raise you do and get called you'll be pretty committed in the pot so I wouldn't try and slow play big hands pre flop for sure

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments are for very successful players, my advice is if you have $ 10, then it’s better to play 100 tournaments for $ 0.10 per 360 people.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you have a small bankroll, you don't have too many choices to put your money in. But hyper turbos isn't really a good choice. If you don't have luck, you can't go anywhere.
Try to build a bankroll with at least 20 dollars with freerolls and then start playing sit and go's with a smaller field. Keep posting her until you get a better access to passwords, it will help you a lot.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think you're better off trying freerolls that are less crowded. At least you can spend the time to develop your skills with non-hyper tournaments.

I think after you get past the initial stages of the freeroll tournaments and all the non serious players get kicked out of the tournament, you can really start to work on your game and have a chance at grinding out some bankroll. It won't be fast or easy but it should be do able compared to those 2c SNGs. My two cents ;)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So on poker stars I am playing 2c SNG their 990 players and the reason i'm playing them is because I don't have that big of a bankroll. I don't wanna put any money in though. I don't know really how to play these as the blinds increase every 3 mins as its a hyper-turbo. I am just wondering if there is a strategy to playing these.
I played and sometimes play such tournaments at 0.02 cents and I noticed a lot that players don’t have any strategy in such tournaments just wait for the AK QA AJ A10 card, and you try to wait for the same cards and play most of the tournament all -in, I noticed there are almost always playing like this to get a stack of chips for further play

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played those and even with good results (from return on investment perspective).
By definition 3min blinds mean you can't have much of a strategy. But still, it is good to abstain from playing too many hands, if only you can.

A

AAndi72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of SNG is too hyper. You have to get extremely lucky to do well. There’s really not much skill involved and can lead to bad habits as you have to make plays you wouldn’t normally due to the quickness of the blind increases.

Try playing freerolls instead as at least you won’t develop bad habits and have just as could a chance of cashing.

Thank you for this feedback. Yesterday I thought about this factor and came to the same point. Too many People going too oft all-in and "forcing" you to call, also because of high blind & ante increase.
Try to avoid this, only in freerolls as you said and even there thinking about it, that this is not your normal poker game play you should play "24/7".

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick tournaments are more than just a game of chance, where good cards have to be defended from the beginning and waiting for community cards to help you. It is not easy to play fast tournaments and a determining factor is that luck accompanies you from the beginning. Whoever hits first hits twice

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As stated above, hyper MTTs are extremely high variance and should be avoided for BR building purposes. If SNGs are your thing, I'd suggest playing 6 and 9 max turbos or even the regulars. Take it slow.

Have fun!

J$

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play the 2c hyper SNG 990 players and after a while I realised it is not worth playing them also noticed that I don't earn any points towards unlocking next chest so I stopped playing this mode altogether.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Its basically bingo. Probably better off playing the 25 cent spin and goes as you get semi-normal play there .

There is no real strategy to the low limit games just play them as you would any other game but any good hand is insta all in or you will get blinded out ..

B

Bilgefisher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best equivalent I can relate to are the ACR on demand sng's. Usually 30-60 players turbo. I agree with those stating its a tough way to build a bankroll due to the high degree of variance, but I strongly disagree they can't be beat. I see lots of folks do well on those. They have just changed their strategy to fit the game. Check out Bfizz and p-rozay on twitch as 2 examples.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best equivalent I can relate to are the ACR on demand sng's. Usually 30-60 players turbo. I agree with those stating its a tough way to build a bankroll due to the high degree of variance, but I strongly disagree they can't be beat. I see lots of folks do well on those. They have just changed their strategy to fit the game. Check out Bfizz and p-rozay on twitch as 2 examples.

The "on-demand" SNGs on ACR are totally different than what the OP is referring to. The ACR games are very beatable, I know from experience. :)

B

Bilgefisher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "on-demand" SNGs on ACR are totally different than what the OP is referring to. The ACR games are very beatable, I know from experience. :)

I cannot play on stars, other than game size, what other differences do you notice?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot play on stars, other than game size, what other differences do you notice?

The games the OP are referring to are hyper turbos, with 2 or 3 minute blinds. The ACR "on-demand" SNGs have a much slower blind structure and play more like a 9-max turbo (but multi table).

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you would be served playing freerolls until your bankroll supported moving up to a more suitable game.

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play the turbo and hyper. Keep bankroll management and try to improve the technical part. good luck.